Series Discussion CDF/WCSF: Dallas Stars vs. St. Louis Blues (Stars eliminated)

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I thought Oleksiak looked GREAT tonight, and Polak looked tired and slow. Lovejoy didn’t impress me much either. Those two are so important to the PK, I’d like to see an uptick for Jamie at even strength to rest those 2. I doubt it’ll happen though.

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Lovejoy was fine, he's doing his job. Oleksiak did look great, as did Polak.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
lmao at Binnington being the greatest goalie of all time because of 30 games

Has no one in St. Louis ever bothered to look up Andrew Hammond, who had an eerily similar season to Binnington? He's really the only comparison, and look where he is now. Matt Murray 2.0 my ass.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Has no one in St. Louis ever bothered to look up Andrew Hammond, who had an eerily similar season to Binnington? He's really the only comparison, and look where he is now. Matt Murray 2.0 my ass.

I mean look at his stats!

2.63 GAA and .908 sv%

Those are some elite if not borderline generational playoff numbers!!!

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
If Game 6 was a sign of what Bishop is bringing to the St. Louis Series then the Blues might as well just stay home

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Wasn't he their backup AHL goalie or something to start the season? Idk where to find that information but I think they said it on NBC

I mean he looks good but idk if I would be so confident in him going forward to future seasons...goalies are so unpredictable. No doubt he's gonna get a Calder nomination though imo which is frustrating cause we all know who he's gonna push to 4th

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wasn't he their backup AHL goalie or something to start the season? Idk where to find that information but I think they said it on NBC

I mean he looks good but idk if I would be so confident in him going forward to future seasons...goalies are so unpredictable. No doubt he's gonna get a Calder nomination though imo which is frustrating cause we all know who he's gonna push to 4th

Binnington got lit up by Texas a few times early on while he was with San Antonio. There was that one game where he tried to fight L'Esperance and then the whole Stars bench and got ejected. To be fair to him Rampage had been one of the worst AHL teams this season.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Binnington got lit up by Texas a few times early on while he was with San Antonio. There was that one game where he tried to fight L'Esperance and then the whole Stars bench and got ejected. To be fair to him Rampage had been one of the worst AHL teams this season.

I remember that :laugh:

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
He can be rattled. He definitely has a temper. Get in his face, Crash the net, A snow shower here and there. Dallas will see Jake Allen in no time.

LT

Jul 23, 2010

Yes.

I really have no idea how anyone thinks Binnington is just as likely to play well as Bishop is. Both should have a good series, but Binnington is absolutely a riskier player to rely on.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Let's ****ing go

Blues fans are cocky as hell about their team so I really hope we can shut them up this series

Beat those cocky, arrogant *****ebag of a fanbase please guys.. :)

Don't think I've EVER heard anyone describe st. Louis's fan base this way.... Especially after being exposed to Trashville fans for 2 weeks... You wanna talk about some arrogant fans....

We're too cautious to be cocky. Anyways, I digress. I'm getting off topic....

Just wanted to say great job in beating those window lickers. I hate that entire team. So if we can't beat em, I'll applaud anyone that does. Subban's tears must taste AMAZING.

This is going to be the best match up of the playoffs. Good luck guys.

Now.... Back to s*** talking in the series thread.....

Reactions: eartotheground

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I remember the Blues was on firesale early this season. It will be a fun serie for sure! :)

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
So does everyone else want to know the schedule because they’re worried there’s going to be a game on when they see Avengers? I know I’m worried about that.

Reactions: Kcb12345

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Do we know when the NHL will release the dates of round 2?

They don't usually release anything until the 1st round is over. Since the Western Conference will be final tonight, I could see them releasing the STL/DAL and LV/SJ/COL series info tonight or tomorrow morning.

Erebor

Jan 8, 2019
So does everyone else want to know the schedule because they’re worried there’s going to be a game on when they see Avengers? I know I’m worried about that.

Living in Europe I don't have this problem, Avengers will release here a day earlier than in the US, so I have tickets for wednesday evening

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
A lot of people are giving the Blues the edge in goal on the main board. I know Binnington has been great for the Blues but come on... look at Bishop’s numbers so far and his all time playoff numbers, they’re extremely impressive. I don’t understand what argument you could make for the Blues having the edge in net. Whatever, none of our predictions or opinions matter.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad