GDT: CDF #7: St. Louis Blues @ Dallas Stars ★ 7 PM CST ★ NBCSN / CBC ★

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
The goalies played poorly.
But can you think yourself in the same position? You have to bail your defense out almost every game? I can tell you, I could not take it, it would drive me down mentally. On top of that you have everyone saying how bad YOU are.
Feel sorry for both goalies who have to play behind that atrocious D.
You could have Crawford, Lundqvist, Rinne, Rask, everyone but maybe Price and the result would be the same in my opinion.

Not a chance those goalies give up the goals Kari did last night. The power play goal I blame the defense for not clearing even though Kari has to glove that. The other 3 he gave up are all on him. He kicked his own team in the balls last night.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm glad to hear he is signed because I like the Stars.

I thought Nemeth did pretty well at the last part of the season but you are telling me he did not?

I would like to see both of the Lundqvist twins in Stars, I'm sure the twins would enjoy playing together 3-4 years.

We all know Henrik and Joel is a real workhorse dishing out tons of hits also it would be easier to sign Henrik with a twin deal. ;-)

Nemeth is still signed to another year at $0.9M. Before his season-ending injury in 2014-15, he looked very good and fans here had very high hopes from him this year and had him penciled in the top 4 in the off-season. Unfortunately, he struggled for large stretches of the season (as did Oleksiak) for reasons I can't figure and that's why he didn't play in this series.

Last edited:

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I'm glad to hear he is signed because I like the Stars.

I thought Nemeth did pretty well at the last part of the season but you are telling me he did not?

I would like to see both of the Lundqvist twins in Stars, I'm sure the twins would enjoy playing together 3-4 years.

We all know Henrik and Joel is a real workhorse dishing out tons of hits.

Not sure if serious.:amazed:

Joel hasn't played in the NHL since 2009.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah i don't think we're bringing back Joel . He's happy in Sweden and was never that great here and is 34 now also.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
No offense to anyone that likes Henrik L, but while he's very good, he acts like a primadonna and he's a "ME" type of guy. I think he's doomed with the Rangers as they seem to be having all sorts of issues right now (I don't really dislike the Rangers either, I think Ranger fans are more blinded by their hatred for the Islanders than vice versa).

Even if he leaves and goes to an organization like the Stars, it will effectively become the Lundqvist show. Great and elite goaltender, but he's very self-absorbed.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean Belfour wasn't exactly the easiest guy either ( for different reasons but still ) and it worked for a while. At 34 years now Lundquist doesn't have that many chances left so he if was traded i'd expect it to be way less about him and more about winning. He's the biggest fish with the Rangers here he'd be #3 when it comes to best players imho at this stage of his career.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I mean Belfour wasn't exactly the easiest guy either ( for different reasons but still ) and it worked for a while. At 34 years now Lundquist doesn't have that many chances left so he if was traded i'd expect it to be way less about him and more about winning. He's the biggest fish with the Rangers here he'd be #3 when it comes to best players imho at this stage of his career.

Definitely would be a great addition, there's no denying that. I was just making the point that he may not be what everyone is looking for.

Adding him for a year or two would definitely be cup run worthy though, if you guys weren't already at that point.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
This.
By the way, is Saint Louis Northern or Southern?
Not that is matters, I'm just curious.

I understand what you're asking. You would probably say its Northern. But living in St Louis they would probably find the distinction more important to say that they're not East Coast.

I came here to salute the Stars team on a great season and the Stars fans for their support (and class here on HF). I moved to Texas 2 years ago and have been pleased to find hockey fans, and been treated well in the games I've attended in Dallas. Good luck next year. You have an exciting core with a bright future.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
No offense to anyone that likes Henrik L, but while he's very good, he acts like a primadonna and he's a "ME" type of guy. I think he's doomed with the Rangers as they seem to be having all sorts of issues right now (I don't really dislike the Rangers either, I think Ranger fans are more blinded by their hatred for the Islanders than vice versa).

Even if he leaves and goes to an organization like the Stars, it will effectively become the Lundqvist show. Great and elite goaltender, but he's very self-absorbed.

What are you basing his alleged primadonna, self-absorbed, and "ME" type of guy personality on? Better be a shocker, because I've never seen him come across like that in his interviews.

Even if he was a bit of a "me" type of guy, I see no big issue there. Seguin came with that tag too. Like serp said, Eddie had some serious anger management and drinking issues, and as long as he was able to win games for us, it didn't matter. The thing that concerns me is that when Eddie came to join the Stars at the age of 34, he had played 428 regular season and 68 playoff games. By comparison, Lundqvist, who would also join at the same age, if he were to, has played 620 regular season and 111 playoff games. I know it's an era where athletes have modern training techniques and stay in shape better, but he has to be exhausted bailing out NYR on a nightly basis. I wonder if he can actually play effectively till the end of his rather expensive deal, because $8.5M in cap-space is a lot of money.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wonder what Desrosrier was thinking watching that game. He tweeted out a picture that he was at game 7. Maybe he can take the faltering of the current goalies as extra motivation to potentially gain a chance earlier than some would expect ?

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
You're window is WIDE open for a cup Stars fans. For some reasons goalies are relatively easy to come by. Get a goalie and you're golden. I was impressed with the Stars underrated defense.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Anyway, Nemeth's play at the last part of the season was very poor thus justifying he was scratched the entire playoffs? This is what you guys are telling me?

Knowing what a fighter/winner he is, especially in important games... I'm sure he is really, really disappointed/pissed.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Well, you guys are very lucky Seguin was injured, that was the main reason, the goalie the second.

You're window is WIDE open for a cup Stars fans. For some reasons goalies are relatively easy to come by. Get a goalie and you're golden. I was impressed with the Stars underrated defense.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Wonder what Desrosrier was thinking watching that game. He tweeted out a picture that he was at game 7. Maybe he can take the faltering of the current goalies as extra motivation to potentially gain a chance earlier than some would expect ?

Why wonder when you can just see for yourself. It looks like he is about to cry lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad