GDT: CDF #2: St. Louis Blues @ Dallas Stars ★ 2 PM CST ★ NBC / CBC ★

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Also need a brain for Roussel and rebound control for Niemi.

Will be interesting to see if Ruff benches AR, limits his minutes, or figures the line is so good, just talks to him, and then limits minutes if he takes another dumb penalty early.

That rebound dropped right in front of him, not bad, not big, just Backes is the only guy there and it went right to him. It happens.

Worried that STL was tired in game one, and will dominate the rest of the way......

Also worried about Kari and his mental state, after it got so played up in the press. Sure we will see Niemi in Game 3, and most of the rest of the way now.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He needs to bench him. If a younger player did this, that'd be the end of their playoffs.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
That was a bs call on roussell. He probably did it on purpose but he also had to stay on side. The refs let stuff go all game. I think the team that played the better game won. I hate to say it but the Stars did not come to play in the first 2 periods. They played great in the 3rd especially late. I was not expecting them to win both games so I am not dissapointed. I was really dissapointed during the 2nd intermission. I think Val may have played his last game this season. I hope so. Half the time out there he acts like he does not care what is going on. He may have been Nill's first draft pick but I think he looks to trade him his off season

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
That was a bs call on roussell. He probably did it on purpose but he also had to stay on side. The refs let stuff go all game. I think the team that played the better game won. I hate to say it but the Stars did not come to play in the first 2 periods. They played great in the 3rd especially late. I was not expecting them to win both games so I am not dissapointed. I was really dissapointed during the 2nd intermission. I think Val may have played his last game this season. I hope so. Half the time out there he acts like he does not care what is going on. He may have been Nill's first draft pick but I think he looks to trade him his off season

i imagine Vals trade value is very low at this point

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He needs to bench him. If a younger player did this, that'd be the end of their playoffs.

But with Seguin and Eaves hurt combined with Nichushkin and Moen needing to be scratched, there aren't enough NHL players to allow Ruff to replace terrible players while also punishing Roussel.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
We were there, and whistles should be swallowed in overtime unless blatant. Janmark got tripped in front of the net, right in front of the ref. This was after the first OT penalty, but the ref did not call it. Then Roussel gets one...

Yes, fans gripe after a loss, but the refs did play a part in the OT win/loss...such a shame. I did not hear Coach Ruff's conference, but heard he brought it up.

blueinbigd

Mar 8, 2012
We were there, and whistles should be swallowed in overtime unless blatant. Janmark got tripped in front of the net, right in front of the ref. This was after the first OT penalty, but the ref did not call it. Then Roussel gets one...

Yes, fans gripe after a loss, but the refs did play a part in the OT win/loss...such a shame. I did not hear Coach Ruff's conference, but heard he brought it up.
It's a call that has to be made in ot. You can get away with some penalties in ot like a hook or a trip when you are trying to defend but the refs can't allow interference leading to potential scoring chances. The Blues tried to get away with it in the third and were called for two offensive zone penalties. Neither of which is probably called if they were in the defensive zone.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
This would be moot if the Stars power play could get it together. 1 for 11 over their last four games.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
It's a call that has to be made in ot. You can get away with some penalties in ot like a hook or a trip when you are trying to defend but the refs can't allow interference leading to potential scoring chances. The Blues tried to get away with it in the third and were called for two offensive zone penalties. Neither of which is probably called if they were in the defensive zone.

I don't agree with this at all. If Roussell had not braced himself for the hit then it would not have been called. Because he tried to stay onside and not get blasted he was penalized.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
This would be moot if the Stars power play could get it together. 1 for 11 over their last four games.

Knowing they had no Eaves, they stupidly changed to 2 defensemen on the top unit and it threw everything off. I'd like to see Scevior there, he made a decent fist of it during the season, and at least he fits the profile of Eaves.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I don't agree with this at all. If Roussell had not braced himself for the hit then it would not have been called. Because he tried to stay onside and not get blasted he was penalized.

Honestly, if we are going to get to be whiny fans, let's complain about only clearly unwarranted calls. It's a bad break, probably 75% likely to be called, though, and he did. Always frustrating when they didn't call two hooks on Faksa prior to that, but then, it's often the second or third foul that finally gets called. Even if you think Antoine got it as a reputation call, that happens, too. Hopefully, Otter still barks at refs and will earn us a make up call.

The biggest problem in that game was the PP, not to mention our two Achilles heels both showed up - Kari in meltdown mode, and Roussell being stupid with penalties. We need to get those three things in line to have a chance to beat the Blues in STL......then the calls will take care of themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad