GDT: CDF #2 Dallas Stars at St. Louis Blues ★ 2:00 PM CST ★ NBCSN, SN, TVAS ★

Vacheron

Dec 11, 2016
We can't understate the importance of today's win. The team depth bailed out the big boys. I believe that the big boys will get it going on home ice for us.
Yeah, if we're going to win the Cup, there are going to be multiple games like this and we have to find ways to win outside our top line.

Great win.

Reactions: brighteststars

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Endgame was f***ing awesome. Wish I could've seen both, but tickets I bought a month ago are a bit more important :laugh:

Huge win. Just stole home advantage back. We've been the better team in 4/5 of the 6 periods so far - need more of that.

As for Heiskanen not being a finalist, meh. No one but Pettersson is winning so it doesn't really matter. Heiskanen should be a clear 4th and that's fine. He'll prove them all wrong a decade from now. Binnington might not even be in the league in 3 years and that could be fun to look back on.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Also sorry about the thread not being live. It's been a shitshow today - won't happen again.

Also f*** the 3PM EST starts.

Reactions: Mysterious Panther

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Endgame was ****ing awesome. Wish I could've seen both, but tickets I bought a month ago are a bit more important :laugh:

Huge win. Just stole home advantage back. We've been the better team in 4/5 of the 6 periods so far - need more of that.

As for Heiskanen not being a finalist, meh. No one but Pettersson is winning so it doesn't really matter. Heiskanen should be a clear 4th and that's fine. He'll prove them all wrong a decade from now. Binnington might not even be in the league in 3 years and that could be fun to look back on.

f*** yes Endgame was amazing. Worth missing most of this game for no doubt, but feels better cause the Stars won and played a good game

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
**** yes Endgame was amazing. Worth missing most of this game for no doubt, but feels better cause the Stars won and played a good game
Never did understand this sentiment. A movie you can watch anytime, watching a playoff game live is a one time chance. Far easier (for me at least) to avoid movie spoilers than game score spoilers. During the movie all I’d want to do is check my phone, durning the game I wouldn’t think twice about the movie.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I feel like we aren’t giving Dickinson enough praise for figuring out how to be a top 6 player at the perfect time.

His play on the first goal was so underrated.

Playing the F3 role with a defenseman pinching, manned the point to keep the puck in and allow hintz/zucc to drive it home.

Been so good.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dickinson now has 2 more points in the playoffs than he had all of last season. Hitch and his treatment of young players was and is really f***ing awful. Did the same thing in Edmonton too. I know Dickinson improved as well but Hitch just refused to play him and for some reason ran with the pure grinder Elie all season .

Maybe its because Dickie is bad at taking draws for guy who was drafted as a Center ?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Never did understand this sentiment. A movie you can watch anytime, watching a playoff game live is a one time chance. Far easier (for me at least) to avoid movie spoilers than game score spoilers. During the movie all I’d want to do is check my phone, durning the game I wouldn’t think twice about the movie.

I bought the tickets a month ago so I wasn't gonna skip out on it just for the game. I only ended up missing a period and a half anyways. I didn't check my phone cause I didn't know when exactly the game started (started while I was like midway through the movie) so I just wasn't focused on it. And the movie was THAT good :laugh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dickinson now has 2 more points in the playoffs than he had all of last season. Hitch and his treatment of young players was and is really ****ing awful. Did the same thing in Edmonton too. I know Dickinson improved as well but Hitch just refused to play him and for some reason ran with the pure grinder Elie all season .

Maybe its because Dickie is bad at taking draws for guy who was drafted as a Center ?

This is similar to how Monty won't use him on the PP. Could easily throw him in Lindell's spot on the 2nd unit and I'm sure he'd be effective.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is similar to how Monty won't use him on the PP. Could easily throw him in Lindell's spot on the 2nd unit and I'm sure he'd be effective.

Nah i'm happy with 2 defenseman on the second unit. Dowling and Spezza need some protection so this doesn't turn into a unit that gives up shorties.

Dickie is also the forward who usually see most PK time . Coaching staff likes to give everybody a role on special teams outside of a few key guys who play both units and one or two who play neither

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nah i'm happy with 2 defenseman on the second unit. Dowling and Spezza need some some protection so this doesn't turn into a unit that gives up shorties.

He's not much use defensively playing in the slot/right in front of the net. Unless you just mean if they get stuck in their own end or something while on the PP. I'm not too concerned about giving up a shorty though. If it happens it'll probably be a breakaway or something off a Radulov blocked shot

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Didn’t think about the game for one second during the movie, it was too good to be distracted. Came home and watched the entire recording of the game. Win - Win

Go Stars

LT

Jul 23, 2010

We each bought tickets a month+ out. In my area, it's sold out through next Friday now. I'd have loved to watch the game, but this movie is one of the biggest to come out in ages, and spoilers are already hard enough to avoid as is.

If this was an elimination game, sure, then I'd lose the 30 bucks and wait a week to see it. But not for a game 2 in the 2nd round.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013

Heiskanen is just simply amazing. Every time I see him playing i can't believe that this is actually his rookie year. Like last night in first period he was alone with puck on own blueline and two blues players come to him. Kid keeps his head up and gives perfect tape to tape pass to blues blueline to a other Dallas player. Night king and Kimi Räikkönen are jealous of amount of ice this kid have in his veins.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Unfortunately had to watch the game under the circumstances; mother is in ICU with pneumonia. Her brothers/my uncles who are here all watched the game yesterday.

My mother who is a fan is on a breather and couldn’t talk so I had to explain to my uncles what the Stars are. Defense and goaltending got us into the playoffs but now a number of young guys along with a Norwegian named Zuccarello have given the Stars a 2nd scoring line and this is the playoffs.

Again unfortunately because of the situation the four of us had a good day watching the Stars grab their win yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad