"CCCP Hockey" (2004 documentary)

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I saw they promoted a new documentary called "Red Army" on NHL.com and instantly thought of...

... which I didn't know they had created for an english audience. The documentary is originally made for Swedish television. For historical hockey fans, this documentary is a gem. Alot of material circling around Krutov, Larionov, Kasatonov, Makarov and Fetisov, the great five. Enjoy!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
there is a newer one that deals with Krutov and the others after they left the nhl and digs into just what demons Krutov fought and the problems he and Igor delt with in Vancouver and in the states. The other doc came out middle of last year and Larionov open up more about why Kasatonov and the others fell out. The doc in the link is about 10 years old

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Note

.... you'll have to go to youtube to watch that video linked above, play disabled through this & other websites unfortunately.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
.... you'll have to go to youtube to watch that video linked above, play disabled through this & other websites unfortunately.

if I can find the other doc that came out last year I'll post it--It goes into great detail about why there was such fallout between the original russians

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad