standings today

k79ld2A.png

eoIn7DV.jpg

ddBvj6y.png

lets get a win

LGRW

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I don't understand Jurco's benching either after playing much more effectively the past few weeks.

Hopefully Nyquist can regain his scoring confidence playing with the big dogs.

Interested in seeing Kronwall-Marchenko.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Blashil needs to make up his mind. He says Pulks is not the right player for the 4th line, yet hes putting him there. i thought Sheahan has been doing great on the 4th line, why not witch the 2?

Edit: After looking at Khans tweets, it looks like Pulks line is the 3rd line. If thats the case, I would rather have AA on that line than Glendening.

Last edited:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I think many will agree these forward lines look perfect. Abbie helps give that 2nd line a physical presence. Nyquist has a much higher chance of scoring off of Z and D than Abdelkader. Richards brings experience to the 3rd line (where he should be slotted). Pulkkinen is a 4th liner no two ways around it. This has to be the best/ most hopeful lineup we've seen all season.

It makes no difference if either Jurco or Pulkkinen sit. Complete non-factor.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I loved Tatar his first year, liked him his second year. He's really grating on me this year. I'm on the bench Tatar for a few games bandwagon. Jurco's played harder and better lately.

Both our last 2 coaches have talked about accountability but I'm not seeing it. Jurco gets benched playing some of his best hockey and Tatar continues to draw top6 lines and PP time while being nothing but a liability.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I loved Tatar his first year, liked him his second year. He's really grating on me this year. I'm on the bench Tatar for a few games bandwagon. Jurco's played harder and better lately.

Both our last 2 coaches have talked about accountability but I'm not seeing it. Jurco gets benched playing some of his best hockey and Tatar continues to draw top6 lines and PP time while being nothing but a liability.

Yea being a big fan of Tatar I'm in agreement as well. Think Jurco has been playing a ton better as well. Oh well, hope they get the W and play a complete game today!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
No reason to bench Jurco. He should be on the PP, IMO.

I like the top 6. 3rd line is gross. AA will probably create chances every shift and play 8 minutes.

We have the 6 defenseman playing tonight that I would dress every game, so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Last edited:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
No reason to bench Jurco. He should be on the PP, IMO.

I like the top 6. 3rd line is gross. AA will probably great chances every shift and play 8 minutes.

We have the 6 defenseman playing tonight that I would dress every game.

That's another thing. AA needs more than 8 minutes. Jesus the guy is lightning in the bottle. Let him out. I want to know what Blash is thinking there. He's had experience with AA, he knows what he's got there. He's not spoken badly about AA I think during any post game questions or whatever. I personally think AA has been playing pretty damn good. Apparently the coaching staff doesn't agree?

Ugh.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That's another thing. AA needs more than 8 minutes. Jesus the guy is lightning in the bottle. Let him out. I want to know what Blash is thinking there. He's had experience with AA, he knows what he's got there. He's not spoken badly about AA I think during any post game questions or whatever. I personally think AA has been playing pretty damn good. Apparently the coaching staff doesn't agree?

Ugh.

My no proof, totally speculation theory is the coaches (Babs/Blashil) don't want to shake up the locker room by playing a youngster over a vet unless it's absolutely necessary. Totally on board with this Swedish Mafia theory. I think it may have more life than our just making fun of it.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
My no proof, totally speculation theory is the coaches (Babs/Blashil) don't want to shake up the locker room by playing a youngster over a vet unless it's absolutely necessary. Totally on board with this Swedish Mafia theory. I think it may have more life than our just making fun of it.

If that's true we need to blow the team up. The coach is no longer the coach in that instance and that's garbage.

I'm not sure that's true either because Glendening has under both coaches gone through stretches where he gets insane minutes for a 4th line and he's neither Swedish nor a vet.

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
I like the decision to keep Kronwall off the top pairing.

Don't really think we have a top pairing; we have 1a/1b/1c pairings IMO, with ice time pretty evenly spread out.

I like the Kronner-Marchy pairing, but think the other two pairing needs to be split up. It doesn't make sense to me to have two offensive defense-men on the same pairing and two defensive defense-men on another (even through DDK have started to produce nicely). But no idea how I want the new pairings to be :dunno:

Maybe
DDK - Green
Kronner - KQ
Smith - Marchy?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Good to see the lines shuffled up. This team's playoff chances depend on the production from Tats and Gus the rest of the way.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If that's true we need to blow the team up. The coach is no longer the coach in that instance and that's garbage.

I'm not sure that's true either because Glendening has under both coaches gone through stretches where he gets insane minutes for a 4th line and he's neither Swedish nor a vet.

We waived Kindl to keep Marchenko. Andersson is down in favor of Athanasiou. Larkin is 19 and playing substantial minutes. I don't think Blashill is scared to play younger players.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Glendening is the type of player that doesn't take a shift off. Brings tons of energy and shuts down apposing stars for the most part along with not making mistakes. I think thats why hes gotten the treatment he has.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Has Tatar/Larkin/Abby been a line yet? Very interested in that. If Tatar can keep the turnovers to a minimum, that line could be a hell-raiser.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
We waived Kindl to keep Marchenko. Andersson is down in favor of Athanasiou. Larkin is 19 and playing substantial minutes. I don't think Blashill is scared to play younger players.

Not the "vets" i'm talking about. I'm talking about how Big E, Nyquist, Tatar, seem to get away with everything and have no fear of losing their job for anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad