27. Columbus Blue Jackets- Morgan Klimchuck

28. Calgary Flames - Zach Fucale

29. Dallas Stars - Madison Bowey

30. Chicago Blackhawks - Shea Theodore

Last edited:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Really? with all the F talent you guys already have? Darnell and Schultz will be a killer top pair in a few years. Im certainly with you in believing Elias is the BPA but I cant see EDM selecting ANOTHER skilled Forward

They have Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, Gernat and more on the back end. Their center prospects are all bottom 6 guys max. They need defense now. Couple years they'll be fine, and that's how long it'll take Nurse.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
They have Klefbom, Marincin, Musil, Gernat and more on the back end. Their center prospects are all bottom 6 guys max. They need defense now. Couple years they'll be fine, and that's how long it'll take Nurse.

certainly you know more than I do about EDM but I just think MacTavish will take an elite Defenseman over an elite forward

Nuge 19 Yr - 24 Points for the Oilers this year
Yak 19 Yr - 31 points for the oilers this year
Moroz 18 Yr - 25 points for Oil kings last year
Zharkov 19 Yr - 36 points for belleville

Lindholm 18 Yr - 30 Points last year for brynas

Schultz 21 Yr - 27 Points for EDM last year
Marincin 21 Yr - Had 23 Points for Pats last year
Musil 20 Yr - Had 27 Points for Giants last year
Gernat 20 Yr - 13 Points last year for Oil Kings

Nurse 18 Yr - 41 Points for Greyhounds last year

Obviously Lindholm was playing in a pro league which is why he diddnt put up ridiculous stats but EDM could use another skilled D alongside Klef and Schultz that would be Nurse

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
certainly you know more than I do about EDM but I just think MacTavish will take an elite Defenseman over an elite forward

Nuge 19 Yr - 24 Points for the Oilers this year
Yak 19 Yr - 31 points for the oilers this year
Moroz 18 Yr - 25 points for Oil kings last year
Zharkov 19 Yr - 36 points for belleville

Lindholm 18 Yr - 30 Points last year for brynas

Schultz 21 Yr - 27 Points for EDM last year
Marincin 21 Yr - Had 23 Points for Pats last year
Musil 20 Yr - Had 27 Points for Giants last year
Gernat 20 Yr - 13 Points last year for Oil Kings

Nurse 18 Yr - 41 Points for Greyhounds last year

Obviously Lindholm was playing in a pro league which is why he diddnt put up ridiculous stats but EDM could use another skilled D alongside Klef and Schultz that would be Nurse

Moroz/Zharkov will only make the team as bottom 6 players, and are not Cs. Also, Marincin played in OKC and was their best defenseman. Had good chemistry with Schultz while he was down there.

The need for a C is much greater IMO.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Most people who think the Oilers need to draft a defenseman have a totally different idea of what our needs are. It's easy to judge and say, well our D sucks so we should draft one but there's a lot more to think about. The Oilers have Smid, Petry, J. Schultz in their top 4 right now and believe they will be apart of the team for a while. Klefbom, Marincin, Musil are close to being NHL ready and the Oilers are also high on them. Then there is Gernat who is a project but has loads of potential. There is already 7 defenseman who we feel are/will be good defenseman, let alone possible trades/free agent signings. Drafting a Darnell Nurse who is 2-3 years away from an impact does not help us now. By the time he's ready he'll be in tough to even find a spot on the team.

We have drafted forwards in the 1st since 2007 so it's easy to think we should just stop but then you look at how we've drafted outside of the 1st round and there isn't much for forwards. Our center depth goes RNH, Gagner, Horcoff, Belanger, Lander. Horc and Belanger are potential buyout candidates and there is literally nothing coming in the pipeline.

Lindholm or Monahan make sense to Edmonton, but I wouldn't complain with Nurse if they are gone.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Switch Ristolainen and Zadorov and it looks good.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Your right, You guys already have a monster defender in Oleksiak, Gonna make the switch

More a matter of RHD vs. LHD. I also like RR's game better and his nastiness along with his higher offensive potential is more of what we need.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
So I'm drinking Joe Sakics Cool Aid and I'm switching up my top 3. Sakic does make a valid point when he pointed out all the defenseman taken 1st overall. None of them turned out to be superstars. So I wanted to let you know so when I go 30/30 you know I'm not a cheater!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Completely agree with the top 5. Looks better for Dallas, too.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
as a flames fan Morin is tempting but i may lean more towards Gauthier but wouldnt me mad with morin. I say possibly flip Horvat and Domi and also maybe nurse and lindholm but other than those small issues this is a very good mock draft IMO

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
as a flames fan Morin is tempting but i may lean more towards Gauthier but wouldnt me mad with morin. I say possibly flip Horvat and Domi and also maybe nurse and lindholm but other than those small issues this is a very good mock draft IMO

If I were GM of the Flames I understand that my team is in absolute need of a deep rebuild, what better way to start then balancing out your prospect pool with a player of each position selected in the first round.

I Remember reading someone that Yes, Horvat is NHL ready but he is more of a two way forward, IMO PHX needs an all offensive minded player, they by far have the worst offense in the league and why not go with the most explosive offense player left and select Domi

I was grilled from an Oilers fan about Lindholm going to EDM but I'm gonna stick with my Guns here, I definitely see the logic but I just think that it will be hard for a team that is so bad on defense to not take the best defensive prospect left in the draft, It's really a toss up but ill certainly reconsider this one before the draft

Last edited:

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
If I were GM of the Flames I understand that my team is in absolute need of a deep rebuild, what better way to start then balancing out your prospect pool with a player of each position selected in the first round.

If we are drafting to balance out our prospect pool gotta take Hartman in that situation look up our prospects and then note that Nemisz is a centre who started playing on the right side last year cause we had no one else there :help:
Calgary rarely picks from the QHJHL and they'd probably be happier grabbing a WHL or College player with the next pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad