LeBrun: CBJ Willing to Move D for F

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Blue Jackets ready to move D for forward help - Article - TSN

"Here’s the thing: They’re eight-deep at the NHL level on defence and teams are calling about their defence. We know that Ryan Murray’s name was in the Colorado conversation [in a possible trade for Matt Duchene], but it does not mean they’re shopping him or looking to move him, but the bottom line is this: They have defencemen, they’re ready to move one and they want to get better up front.”

Can't imagine they want to move Jones or Werenski, even in some sort of blockbuster deal.

Could Savard or Murray be on the move?

Reactions: Dan Kelly

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anthony Duclair can't seem to get a fair shot in Arizona despite being more productive than the majority of our forwards. He seems to be the only guy on the roster who actually has to deal with consequences. Everyone else gets a pass, even if they're less effective hockey players. As a Coyotes fan, I'm sick of it and actually want to see him traded so he can go succeed elsewhere. I think he's a dangerous winger who has several >20g NHL seasons in his future. Just not in AZ.

Our blueline has been an absolute tire-fire and I'd love to add another piece to the mix. Any piece to the mix. We need so, so much help.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Well could be JVR, Leivo, Kapenen. Then throw in a good defensive prospect like Dermott I think that gets us one of their top 4, especially if we add a first or 2nd round pick (leafs have a ton of picks this draft plus all of their own). Which is why I have said in other threads, no need to trade Marner. Look at the recent Duchene deal. Basically Colorado got a backup goalie 3 picks, and 2 maybe players....so essentially 5 maybe's and a backup.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Well could be JVR, Leivo, Kapenen. Then throw in a good defensive prospect like Dermott I think that gets us one of their top 4, especially if we add a first or 2nd round pick (leafs have a ton of picks this draft plus all of their own). Which is why I have said in other threads, no need to trade Marner. Look at the recent Duchene deal. Basically Colorado got a backup goalie 3 picks, and 2 maybe players....so essentially 5 maybe's and a backup.

CBJ would probably be more interested in Bozak than JVR. Bozak replaces Foligno at C, pushing Foligno to the W where he is much better suited.

Obviously not Bozak for a top 4, but Bozak for draft picks/prospects, or in a much bigger package for Murray or Savard.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Ya for any top 4 the leafs would have to put something bigger, not go 1v1. Problem with that is we do not have a replacement for Bozak right now. Who slides in? Aaltonenn? To me at this point that is a step backward. We would create a huge hole in the middle. I actually think we are weakest at center (depth) We have our NHL guys, and Aalto and Goat. Those 2 would have to start on the fourth line, but we have Moore/Fehr, and I do not want Moore anywhere but 4th line or press box. He has been a bad signing thus far, I think the new slashing rule, really messed his game up, and he cannot seem to adapt. We are deepest at the wing, so I would be looking for a trade with a team that needs that. Anaheim does for sure. Edmonton as well, but with Edmonton the only real player I would want is Klefbom, wont happen, Nurse is good but is learning, that would not help us at all right now. Anaheim is really 1 more injury away from having no choice but to trade for a forward. They previously said they think they are fine and would wait out till guys came back, but that was before they knew Getzlaf was having face surgery. With Anaheim, Manson for me is the only target. Vatanen, is offensive minded, and coming off a big surgery, so that deal does not make sense to me. Problem is I dont think they would trade Manson. But out of Manson, and Montour I would think they keep Montour, if they had to move 1.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
What about Bozak and something for Galenchyuk? I think he is and will be a good player, I think that he has been mistreated over in Montreal, and needs a change of scenery. Much like Drouin, just Drouin rose his value because he was playing with Stamkos and Kucherov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad