GDT: CBJ vs NYI 7:30PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Tell me, do I have problems with my eyes?

Lumii_20231208_043118618.jpg

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
So Fantilli had a hand in all three goals and Pascal...played him 3+ fewer minutes than Jenner?

Yeah, this is why no one is taking the minutes/benchings/scratchings seriously. Vincent seems to hand pick who gets punished and it's not always dictated by the play on the ice.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Glad I only watched a few minutes in the 2nd. Good to see Fantilli and Johnson having a multi point night atleast

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
What a great line by Porty in his The Athletic post game article:

A Blue Jackets riddle: How do you avoid blowing a lead in the third period?

Answer: Blow it in the second!
I love that Porty is not pulling any punches right now. He and this front office have never gotten along, and I appreciate that Porty is going for the throat now that there's all this blood in the water.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I love that Porty is not pulling any punches right now. He and this front office have never gotten along, and I appreciate that Porty is going for the throat now that there's all this blood in the water.

The first one to start asking about the PP and Werenski should get a pulitzer

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The first one to start asking about the PP and Werenski should get a pulitzer
I don't think the PP and Werenski is the main problem.

If you look at VT's post yesterday about the 5v5 scoring and how we are top 5 in GF, and how much better we would be if we had a good PP, you only need to look at the GA column and see the answer. We are 2nd last in that. Tampa is one goal against better with 70, who also has played 28 games.

Tampa's PP is 30 percent, good for 2nd best, and lead the league in PP goals. They are only 8 points better in the standing than us.

Even if we were league average PP, we are probably 4 points or so better in the standings.

The better question would be why are we giving up so many 5v5 goals.

Vegas has one more goal for in one less game 5v5 than us. For them to give up the same amont of goals as us in 28 games, they would have to give up 33 in their next game.

While our PP is a problem, it isn't our worst one.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I don't think the PP and Werenski is the main problem.

If you look at VT's post yesterday about the 5v5 scoring and how we are top 5 in GF, and how much better we would be if we had a good PP, you only need to look at the GA column and see the answer. We are 2nd last in that. Tampa is one goal against better with 70, who also has played 28 games.

Tampa's PP is 30 percent, good for 2nd best, and lead the league in PP goals. They are only 8 points better in the standing than us.

Even if we were league average PP, we are probably 4 points or so better in the standings.

The better question would be why are we giving up so many 5v5 goals.

Vegas has one more goal for in one less game 5v5 than us. For them to give up the same amont of goals as us in 28 games, they would have to give up 33 in their next game.

While our PP is a problem, it isn't our worst one.

It's certainly not the only problem but it is a problem that has a known fix. And that fix is actively refused by the coaching, they have moved everyone else around in the PP units to try and make something happen but they ignore the most obvious move.

Definitely need to tighten up the defensive play.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
It's certainly not the only problem but it is a problem that has a known fix. And that fix is actively refused by the coaching, they have moved everyone else around in the PP units to try and make something happen but they ignore the most obvious move.

Yeah, and what sucks is the fix that most people wanted is out for a month. So now what?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

I mean , we just saw against the Kings they rolled out Boquist and Provorov , on that first powerplay , and scored within 20 seconds .. Boone , Werenski shouldn’t be on the top powerplay .. When healthy .. Boquist Marchenko, Fantilli, Voronkov and Kj or JG..

Teams biggest issue is there are absolutely zero Alphas in leadership . Fantilli will be that guy , but JG, Laine, Werenski, and Jenner are not

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
even bigger problem if people think alpha male is a thing
It is .. and you’re seeing it play out … teams veterans are quiet , play hard type players. Not in your face , refuse to accept mediocrity/ hate to lose mentality . If you don’t believe this is a thing, I’m doubting you have been in successful locker rooms .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad