GDT: CBJ vs NYI 7:30PM EST

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That 52 - 11 - 91 line definitely has some potential. They all bring something a little different to the line.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
That 52 - 11 - 91 line definitely has some potential. They all bring something a little different to the line.
Definitely looking forward to seeing that combination. We already know Bemmer and KJ have chemistry.

I am also sick again. Just got over pneumonia like two weeks ago and I'm coughing up green goo this time. Since I work from home, my only public appearances are CBJ games and Kroger, and I mask for both. This is not fun. I will also be mostly absent the next two weeks, as my grandmother passed away on Monday at age 90. As she is the reason I'm a sports fan and she was my very favorite relative, I am quite devastated.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I am cautiously optimistic that we will play two good periods of hockey

Definitely looking forward to seeing that combination. We already know Bemmer and KJ have chemistry.

I am also sick again. Just got over pneumonia like two weeks ago and I'm coughing up green goo this time. Since I work from home, my only public appearances are CBJ games and Kroger, and I mask for both. This is not fun. I will also be mostly absent the next two weeks, as my grandmother passed away on Monday at age 90. As she is the reason I'm a sports fan and she was my very favorite relative, I am quite devastated.
My sympathies
Get well soon

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

So sorry to hear about your unfortunate events. It makes the game seem trivial I’m sure.

Reactions: squashmaple

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Comments on the lines, using data from moneypuck lines:

Chinakhov - Voronkov - Marchenko are 2-0 in goals but 29% in xG. That usually means they'll regress hard.

The Gaudreau - Jenner - Marchenko unit is 8-2 in goals this year with an even xG. I don't know why we would break that up. It's a fit.

Danforth can help the top line too, but we also need him elsewhere. He was a big help to Fantilli when he was on that line last week. I don't get why he was taken off there. Fantilli needs some help, we can't just keep sticking him with our worst underperformers. KJ to this point sadly hasn't helped who he's played with.

Reactions: CBJx614

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
I was surprised to see the 4th line performing well without danforth against LA. Kuraly and Texier play well together, with a vertical play, and Olivier will be a nice addition.
I am rather happy with Vincent, despite the PP and the unability to keep a lead. The team improved a lot since the start of the sason, and in the last 10 games (maybe less), CBJ had periods where they clearly were the dominating team. In the last 2 games, if not mistaken, they kept the puck in the OZ for more than 40 s in a row on 5 on 5. This kind of continuous offensive pressure is not something I used to see. Well, yes, but it was the opposing team on their toes.

it's truly frustrating to see them loose so often in the third after taking the lead - but the fact they are leading in most game is positive as such-, or after producing 2 great first periods against the Bruins or the Kings, but I'm pretty sure they are not far to start a winning streak. One period... 13 keeps improving, 17 is everywhere, 8 will end up scoring a 2nd goal and be better in the PP. And without playing at his best, he ranks among the best defenders in terms of points. besides the russian 3 experiment can turn well if 10 can play well as a center. And if 29 wakes up, he and Fantili could form a nice association.
Lots of reason to be optimistic.

Reactions: majormajor

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, two years ago I still had all 4 and now I only have one with my grandma passing four months ago.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I love how we get both Bally Sports Ohio and Bally Sports Great Lakes where I work, and Bally Sports is not currently sending us video signal on the Ohio channel. BSGL is working fine.

Bally is the court jester of the media world.

Reactions: We Want Ten

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
52-19-91 over/under 9 mins TOI

Individually, I'll take the over. I think the matchups with the Kings centers is what spooked Vincent.

As a trio, we often don't see any line with that much TOI, because of all the penalties.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Drama drama, doesn't seem like the puck crossed the goal line, or at least nobody can see it... Let's see if it's 2-0 or 1-0 now... Edit: No goal, so 1-0 it continues.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

That, my friend, is a shitty month! Hang in there and get well soon.

wow, halfway thru the first and all we have is one page???

I barely wanted to watch the game and I'm only half-watching it now.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008

Get well and sorry to hear about your Grandma.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad