GDT: CBJ vs Chicago 1:00 PM Bedard Bowl Part Deux -

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Marchenko’s shot is definitely as advertised. Can’t wait to see him figure out the rest.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Marchenko’s shot is definitely as advertised. Can’t wait to see him figure out the rest.
We definitely need guys like him, Bemstrom and Chinakov to establish themselves as top/middle 6 guys in the league. That would go a long ways to helping this team make that transition from bottom dweller to competing for the playoffs every year. They still have a ways to go, but they show signs.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Do you think it's more "winner" to draft 5-10 ?
What do you expect with 10 more wins?
When you read 90% of the posts whining about their team or dropping it at the first series of losses...
IMHO it's just a matter of being more oppportunistic, I'm sure the management is already thinking about it

That said I'm interested because Tex is having a good season in Switzerland and I hope he will be back next year ;)
Portzline said yesterday that Texier will be back with Columbus next yr

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
We definitely need guys like him, Bemstrom and Chinakov to establish themselves as top/middle 6 guys in the league. That would go a long ways to helping this team make that transition from bottom dweller to competing for the playoffs every year. They still have a ways to go, but they show signs.
100%. Honestly Marchenko reminds me of Chinakov’s first year. And both have a slick, hard shot. Hell, Bemstrom too. All 3 feel very similar while sharing different growing pains.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Do you think it's more "winner" to draft 5-10 ?
What do you expect with 10 more wins?
When you read 90% of the posts whining about their team or dropping it at the first series of losses...
IMHO it's just a matter of being more oppportunistic, I'm sure the management is already thinking about it

That said I'm interested because Tex is having a good season in Switzerland and I hope he will be back next year ;)
Don’t worry , the occasional win won’t change anything … this team is a tire fire defensively , and that’s only going to get worse when Gavi and Nyquist are moved … honestly I expect Johnson, Sillinger, Chinakov, Tarasov, Marchenko all get sent down to play meaningful games and playoff run

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
100%. Honestly Marchenko reminds me of Chinakov’s first year. And both have a slick, hard shot. Hell, Bemstrom too. All 3 feel very similar while sharing different growing pains.
I think Marchenko is the most well rounded of the three, as he should be. But Chinakov isnt too far behind, if at all honestly. Bemstrom definitely is at a disadvantage as I dont think he can play the same physical style that the size of the other two allows. So he's really going to have to standout and play a really smart game which might be why he keeps getting sent down, its a lot easier to work on that in the AHL.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think Marchenko is the most well rounded of the three, as he should be. But Chinakov isnt too far behind, if at all honestly. Bemstrom definitely is at a disadvantage as I dont think he can play the same physical style that the size of the other two allows. So he's really going to have to standout and play a really smart game which might be why he keeps getting sent down, its a lot easier to work on that in the AHL.
These guys would look a lot different with actual quality centers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad