GDT: CBJ vs Bruins | 7 pm ET Monday, Nov. 27 | Nationwide Arena

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
It's obviously concussion and long break from games related.

I only understand it, when I consider how irrational and emotional people get. But I don't need to support it, for me it's silly.

Throwing away an extremely valuable piece because he didn't recover 100% from brain injury faster than humans usually do, at the lowest possible market value..
No, that would be extremely stupid.
You keep saying this and it’s just not true.

Many people have wanted him gone for a while, go read the Laine thread.

Reactions: thebus88

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
To Texier. He's a player who plays better with players who prefer vertical hockey. That's why he played so well with Foligno and Jenner, Kuraly and Robinson, Kurz and Danforth. But he has problems with players who don't favor him.
The fact that he played in Switzerland last season plays no role.
On Fantilli. Yes, he played great in the beginning. But back then a lot of players weren't in form. Besides, Voronkov and Marchenko are more experienced from the national team, Dima played under Bilyledtinov, who can teach a player great defensive skills, defending without the puck. By the way, the same applies to Igor Nikitin, who helped Nichushkin a lot. Adam just lost his pace. He'll be back, but that's the way it is with rookies. For example Thornton.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Beautiful game. The Russians all scoring goals was a bit funny. Gaudreau continues to struggle on breakaways, but at least he is now keeping it simple and not trying to dangle his way past the goaltender.

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Pointing out the last goal is ridiculous. Firstly, the players weren't playing at 100% then, secondly, there were many players playing like that in the game, and thirdly, it wasn't a direct shot. A shot wasn't from his side.
It’s not that deep.

Bean should have never followed the winger up the boards.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
And it's 4-0 , so how much of an issue is it? How awful really? Yeah the penalty was bad.

We just had Werenski and Gaudreau sucking the life out of the team a few weeks ago (actually losing), now they are looking better. Not sure why it's different for Laine, especially when we've been winning lately.

And he looks good on this PP even on wrong side. Lots of shots tonight, they'll start going in. But they should fix the PP to get the most out of him.
IMO, Laine fighting the game. He seems unhappy, turning it over constantly, just looks awkward trying to protect the puck. I’m not in the camp of moving on from Laine, but he has been struggling mightily.

I disagree about Werenski. He’s still playing poorly. Yes, he had 4 helpers against Chicago. At least his head is now up in th OZ. But that masks that he is still a turnover machine, at times with no pressure on him at all. I see a small glimpse of improvement but he’s not the same Z. Whether it’s hesitancy to fight through contact after last year’s season-ending injury, simple rust after almost a full season out, or something else, he’s not very consistent and he’s a PP buzz killer.

Gaudreau has been gradually better- still not burying breakaway chances, but getting those chances more often. Liking the projection.

None of those three should be traded, but the constant praise of Laine as “the best player” is overblown also. He’s a talented player who has shown very little talent in the first 20+ games - regardless of the reason.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
IMO, Laine fighting the game. He seems unhappy, turning it over constantly, just looks awkward trying to protect the puck. I’m not in the camp of moving on from Laine, but he has been struggling mightily.

I disagree about Werenski. He’s still playing poorly. Yes, he had 4 helpers against Chicago. At least his head is now up in th OZ. But that masks that he is still a turnover machine, at times with no pressure on him at all. I see a small glimpse of improvement but he’s not the same Z. Whether it’s hesitancy to fight through contact after last year’s season-ending injury, simple rust after almost a full season out, or something else, he’s not very consistent and he’s a PP buzz killer.

Gaudreau has been gradually better- still not burying breakaway chances, but getting those chances more often. Liking the projection.

None of those three should be traded, but the constant praise of Laine as “the best player” is overblown also. He’s a talented player who has shown very little talent in the first 20+ games - regardless of the reason.

Best player was re: last season

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
In my opinion, the best player was definitely Jenner. Gaudreau played to his mood and his defense was terrible, Laine always had to get into shape after injuries.

Reactions: Marioesque

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
In my opinion, the best player was definitely Jenner. Gaudreau played to his mood and his defense was terrible, Laine always had to get into shape after injuries.

In total it was Jenner. Laine usually in the games he was healthy in.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Even sneaked in a PP goal in the 3rd. Lovely stuff.

So who is PK coach now? Never wouldve thought this team would have the 2nd best PK in the league.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Only FIVE points Out of a playoff position
it’s early but who would have thought that two weeks ago?

Was thinking about the same.

As bad as they have played they are still ”in” the race and how pathetic the Carolina loss was

I wish they can finish around 10& avoid bottom5

If they'd won just two of the games they frittered away, they'd have four more points and would be tied for fourth in the division.

That’s the frustrating part with young rebuilding teams, inconsistency.

& why every team needs quality vets

Reactions: Fred Glover

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Was thinking about the same.

As bad as they have played they are still ”in” the race and how pathetic the Carolina loss was

I wish they can finish around 10& avoid bottom5
It is important to remember, however, Columbus has played more games than anyone in the league so far. So it's not as rosy as it might look. They've played 23 games and every team ahead of them in the Metro has 20 or fewer.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
The one goal last night that really confused me was the Yegor Bomb we saw in the second period. That was an ECHL-caliber turnover by Grzelcyk. Where was this luck earlier this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: We Want Ten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad