GDT: CBJ@Vegas, 10:30PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

At this point you’ve seen enough out of these guys. I personally think Meyer has been fine, but I would send TFW and Pyytia back and get two other guys up here to give them a look. Maybe Malatesta and LDBB/Angle instead

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Maybe the strategy is to improve our odds for the First Pick.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Good to see someone try to lead this team
How dysfunctional is this team when a guy scratched for most of the season is the one trying to lead? Be careful though. If you tell the truth too much the rest of the locker room might not like you.

It is way too late in the season to play this tired on the 2nd night of a back to back.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
How dysfunctional is this team when a guy scratched for most of the season is the one trying to lead? Be careful though. If you tell the truth too much the rest of the locker room might not like you.

It is way too late in the season to play this tired on the 2nd night of a back to back.
There's a huge difference in we stunk or everyone needs to play better, myself included versus I thought I played okay after the team gets pasted on the scoreboard.

Reactions: joybang

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods

At this point you’ve seen enough out of these guys. I personally think Meyer has been fine, but I would send TFW and Pyytia back and get two other guys up here to give them a look. Maybe Malatesta and LDBB/Angle instead

If he could just shorten the bench a bit more and squeeze himself out the team might prosper...

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Good move my Vincent to keep the top line out there as much as possible. They were able to generate 2 shot attempts for while holding Vegas to only 26 shot attempts against. Nice!

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

TFW is not an NHL player, he tries, but that's it all. I agree, could call Matatesta a chance instead, I'm not saying he's an NHL player, but it will help him understand what he needs to improve in the summer training. About Pyyhtia...., I honestly don't know. But if we sent him down, I'd call Butler instead. Since Pascal forcibly doesn't want to make the Voronkov - Sillinger - Marchenko line because the Texier - Sillinger - Marchenko scored so many goals :D I suggested the lines:

Malatesta - Voronkov - Meyer
Butler - Gaunce - Olivier

Let's at least have some fun. :sarcasm::box:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know we have like 20 injuries and a ton of non NHLers up here right now but it is quite sombering to see how far we are away from being an elite team. I know Colorado and Vegas are the crème of the crop but we looked like we were on two different planets as far as skill and teamwork. Really sucks

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I know we have like 20 injuries and a ton of non NHLers up here right now but it is quite sombering to see how far we are away from being an elite team. I know Colorado and Vegas are the crème of the crop but we looked like we were on two different planets as far as skill and teamwork. Really sucks
It really doesn't even feel like we're making progress toward that goal.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Trying not to make too much out of back to back games on the road against teams set up to put maximum pressure on your defense, but our squad looks tired. Not physically tired (maybe that too) but “done” with the season, mentally exhausted.

Reactions: NotWendell

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
DSL, I think you hit the nail on the head. A significant number of players have already checked out and are thinking about their golf scores.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
DSL, I think you hit the nail on the head. A significant number of players have already checked out and are thinking about their golf scores.
And those players need to disappear. If you can't count on them when the team is down, how are you so sure you can count on them when the team is up?

The loser mentality must get erased from the roster. Whoever the next GM is going to be should be studying the game tape now to see the real character of some players. It's easy to to act happy when things are going good but how they act on a regular basis when things are shitty is the true judge of these players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad