Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/VAN] Vanek for Jussi Jokinen, Tyler Motte

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Motte is actually pretty good. He is a great playmaker. Could end up working well with a guy like Boeser. He was fire with Kyle Connor.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I think i might have to go drink about this and have a lil cry.

I mean, the alternative was to keep Vanek, miss the playoffs, and either let him walk or probably overpay for an extension. How is this any worse? At least we got something, this was probably the best offer.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2018
Just when I thought not trading Hamhuis etc was a terrible deadline day move, he goes ahead and tops it this year. May as well have kept Vanek than to trade him for that joke of a return.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jarmo just stealing players today.

If Jarmo is good at one thing, it's acquiring low risk players for next to nothing. They don't always (if ever) work out, but it's better than doing nothing or giving up for the farm for questionable returns.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Just wtf what the wtf i cant believe this benning fool got a 3 year extension wt flying f is going on is he on drugs or something this is just too much this guy must be fired asap theres just no excuses hes clearly on drugs :rant:

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
I really do not understand how Vanek is worth that little, while Rick Nash gets a 1st+...
But I guess good trade for CBJ

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
Benning said the Canucks weren’t offered one pick for Vanek. So Morrow can get a fourth but you can’t get a pick for Vanek?

Vancouver’s management thinks that the fans are as dumb as they are

They always have a response like this. It's like they're just waiting for other teams to bring them offers.

Learn how to sell your players, create a market for them and negotiate a better deal. Then you might actually end up "getting" a pick instead of "not being offered" a pick.

They truely are an incompetent management team in terms of trades and signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad