Confirmed with Link: CBJ trade Voracek, 2023 6th to Arizona for Gillies

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Probably backup in Cleveland. Probably roll with Elvis / Greaves imo

They both make the same while in the NHL ($750K). Gillies has to be paid $150K while he's in Cleveland and Greaves only makes $70K there. Guess it depends on which one they think could help the Monsters in the playoffs, but if it's a wash then Gillies probably is the NHL backup.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I was wondering if Jake's contract was covered by insurance. Guess this confirms it is - no way Arizona would be eating $7.5 million next year.

Not sure the current rules, but in the past, insurance could only cover up to something like 80% of a player's salary.

We are essentially saving ownership ~$1.5m to not have to pay a player who won't play (or isn't likely to...Voracek said he was going to try to come back if everything allowed him to health-wise).

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
This still kind of a weird trade to me. I do wonder about assurances from Jake that he's retiring/done. The last update we had was not likely to play this season, but he didn't rule out next season.

This gives Arizona flexibility now as they have contracts in place to reach the cap floor next season. They should be paying us for that luxury, not the other way around.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00