Proposal: CBJ - TOR

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
:cbj
LD Marcus Nutivaara (3 years, $2.7 cap hit)
RW Alexander Wennberg (4 years, $4.9 cap hit, 20% retained by CBJ)

:leafs
RW William Nylander (6 years, $7m cap hit)

I’m hearing a lot of criticism for the leaders in Toronto, so here you go, a chance to ship one of them away, while improving the defensive situation and reducing the salary cap hit.

Columbus trades a very reliable defenseman who can play on both sides, plus Columbus ships Wennberg who needs a change of scenery and offensive game style, the guy still has a potential and can strive on Matthews wing. Columbus retains 20% of his salary.

In exchange, Toronto trades Nylander with a very big contract considering Toronto’s cap situation. Columbus is desperate for skilled players who’s got playmaking experience and who could potentially be tried at center.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
So Blackhawks fan rejected a deal of Alexander Nylander for Nutivaara so the OP thought it would be wise to tag on Wennberg and ask for the Nylander who is playing in a top 6 role and back on pace for his career averages.

It’s too soon for the nog.
It was actually the Jackets fans who rejected it. Now, William certainly seems more interesting than Alex

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I’m hearing a lot of criticism for the leaders in Toronto, so here you go, a chance to ship one of them away,

Didn't you guys have issues with Ryan Johanssen? You ought to be sending Poille Christmas cards if he could've dumped spare parts of on you to have him instead of Seth Jones.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nylander would be the leading scoring on CBJ...this is the best you could come up with? Seriously?

Reactions: Saint Blue

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
A bottom pairing defenseman and a winger who hasn't put up more than 35 points in the last two seasons, all while saving Toronto almost nothing on the cap. How generous.

Last year, in which is obviously regarded as Nylander's (and Wennberg's) worst, he produced 2 more points in 21 fewer games than Wennberg. I just can't see how this trade has any upside at all for the Leafs.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
A bottom pairing defenseman and a winger who hasn't put up more than 35 points in the last two seasons, all while saving Toronto almost nothing on the cap. How generous.

Last year, in which is obviously regarded as Nylander's (and Wennberg's) worst, he produced 2 more points in 21 fewer games than Wennberg. I just can't see how this trade has any upside at all for the Leafs.

Nuti is more than a bottom pair D man and Wennberg is actually a C, but yeah, this is wicked bad.

Reactions: mikeyp24 and Viqsi

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Well this hasn't gone as badly as I expected so far lol.

If Wennberg was still putting up 59 pts playing a 200ft 2C game then Leafs' fans might consider it but instead half our board wants to buy Wennberg out (very cheaply).

In no world is this fair for the Leafs.
You just know he’s going to be another William Karlsson playing with Toronto stars

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
this aint good for the Leafs, despite people's jokes over the last 12 months, Nylander is still a VERY good hockey player, I could see a trade involving him for a D-Man, but it'd have to be for a legit top 4 RHD to play with Reilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad