Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Nick Moutrey - Entry Level Contract.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I haven't seen him play outside of the prospect camps and training camps, and I know stats don't say everything, but it seems like if he makes it to the NHL it will be in a defensive role.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I haven't seen him play outside of the prospect camps and training camps, and I know stats don't say everything, but it seems like if he makes it to the NHL it will be in a defensive role.

Honestly he had one of the best camps out of any prospect last Fall. I was super impressed. I could see Moutrey having 3rd line potential, who plays hard on the forecheck and good along the boards, chipping in offense occasionally.... similar to Calvert but with bigger size. More of a power-forward type.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Honestly he had one of the best camps out of any prospect last Fall. I was super impressed. I could see Moutrey having 3rd line potential, who plays hard on the forecheck and good along the boards, chipping in offense occasionally.... similar to Calvert but with bigger size. More of a power-forward type.

always valuable

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

The poor man's David Clarkson to go along with the rich man's David Clarkson :sarcasm:

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Good, sounds like he's really put it all together this year.

One of the most improved players in the OHL this year. He's really taken his game to another level.

His skating has always been good, but it's gotten even better. Defenders are having a very tough time containing him because his first few steps have gotten so good and he's so big. He's also playing way more aggressively this year. One of the biggest knocks against him was the consistency of his intensity levels and desire to play in the middle of the ice. That hasn't been an issue at all this year. Lastly, his two-way play and effort level on the backcheck have really improved too. He's become a fantastic penalty killer and the type of guy who can impact the game at either end.

At this point, he looks like a potential 2nd/3rd line winger, depending on how his offensive game (particularly his shot) continues to develop at the pro level.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1371995&highlight=moutrey

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I see decent potential in him as a third liner as others mentioned. Liked what I saw in prospect camp – long reach and decent hands with great skating ability, though likely to be on a defensive line if he makes it.

I know it's a very weird comparison, and he's definitely not going to come close, but stylistically he reminds me of Corey Perry.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I see decent potential in him as a third liner as others mentioned. Liked what I saw in prospect camp – long reach and decent hands with great skating ability, though likely to be on a defensive line if he makes it.

I know it's a very weird comparison, and he's definitely not going to come close, but stylistically he reminds me of Corey Perry.

That's like comparing Marko Dano to Getzlaf... I don't think there's much of a comparison between Moutrey's game and Perry's Game. If anything I'd compare Moutrey's game to Chris Stewart's.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I see him being a bottom 6 banger. Really don't see any top 6 potential there and that's nothing to get upset about. He's a 4th round pick and surrounded by other prospects with much higher ceilings. I think it's a great success if he makes it to the NHL at all, but as with any prospect I'd love to see them become the best player that they can be. If that means making me eat crow then so be it :laugh:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
That's like comparing Marko Dano to Getzlaf... I don't think there's much of a comparison between Moutrey's game and Perry's Game. If anything I'd compare Moutrey's game to Chris Stewart's.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Plenty of prospects get compared to guys way over their ceilings due to the type of game they play. Dano has no similarities to Getzlaf, so no, it's not anything like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad