Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Nick Blankenburg, 2 years 825k AAV

pled

Sep 7, 2009
my bad then if thats the case. I took it as though you thought there was too much trust because its a 1 way deal
there's more trust than I personally have in the player at this moment but the shown of trust from the management is positive. I expressed both badly at the same time.
Yeah I don't think it's necessarily the age the player is at the time of signing, rather if they turn 20 during the calendar year they signed.
that is correct

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
not sure how that came off but, trust is a thing to be happy about.

I kinda read it as a negative also, think language/nuance played a factor there.

I think the “trust” comment/questions should be directed toward Larsen/the coaching staff and the fans here who believe he either can be an adequate top pairing D man or that he’s our best option currently.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
How much money did blankenburg make last season I wonder? Like under 100k or something for his time on the roster last season

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Based on the little we've seen, I'm not ruling out that Blankenburg is going to be our best complement for Werenski this year, and maybe a long term guy spoken of just as much as Werenski and Jiricek. He was great last year. Just not a lot of games and we'll see if his body can hold up, that's my only concern. Brilliant player.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Based on the little we've seen, I'm not ruling out that Blankenburg is going to be our best complement for Werenski this year, and maybe a long term guy spoken of just as much as Werenski and Jiricek. He was great last year. Just not a lot of games and we'll see if his body can hold up, that's my only concern. Brilliant player.
I agree. While it was a limited sample size, I thought Blanks was the most sound defensemen on the team when it came to positioning.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
So what can you tell me about this guy?

2-way defenseman sounds like? Where do you see him in the future? Potential 2nd pair who plays PP and PK?

Thanks.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

2-way defenseman sounds like? Where do you see him in the future? Potential 2nd pair who plays PP and PK?

Thanks.
From what I saw in his 7 games he's very energetic, and aggressive yet smart. Only real weakness was the fact he's so small. Likely will play PK and can spot in PP2 in case Werenski or Boqvist gets hurt. I can see him playing top pair with Werenski next season honestly, although he's likely a 2nd pair type guy long term.

Our coach adores him which means way more than my personal opinion on him. He even said something along the lines of "his game tape serves as a how to play defenseman tutorial". I'm paraphrasing but he's highly regarded by our staff and FO already after 7 games of NHL play.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Our coach adores him which means way more than my personal opinion on him. He even said something along the lines of "his game tape serves as a how to play defenseman tutorial". I'm paraphrasing but he's highly regarded by our staff and FO already after 7 games of NHL play.
The bolded part starts at 26:15->:

Reactions: Halberdier and LJ7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad