Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Nick Blankenburg, 2 years 825k AAV

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
That's a good deal for both. Can still be sent down as he should be waiver exempt (or does a one way negate the waiver exemption?).

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
That's a good deal for both. Can still be sent down as he should be waiver exempt (or does a one way negate the waiver exemption?).
All one way means is that he gets his “NHL salary” no matter where he plays.

I think he and Bemstrom are still waived exempt due to GP requirement..

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
All one way means is that he gets his “NHL salary” no matter where he plays.

I think he and Bemstrom are still waived exempt due to GP requirement..
Thanks. I knew the salary detail but wasn't sure if that impacted the exemption. Per Cap Friendly it would appear he remains Waiver Exempt (at least for this year).

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks. I knew the salary detail but wasn't sure if that impacted the exemption. Per Cap Friendly it would appear he remains Waiver Exempt (at least for this year).
Sorry, should have figured you knew that.

Did you look at that link I sent? By your understanding is Bemstrom also waiver exempt for next year too?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
salary never impact waiver exemption for future reference. but Bayreuther isn't hard to waive.

825k is a lot of trust? 1way doesnt mean they have to dress him in the NHL every night
it's still money that can honestly just be for nothing. the person that pay need to trust him or jarmo.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
salary never impact waiver exemption for future reference. but Bayreuther isn't hard to waive.

it's still money that can honestly just be for nothing. the person that pay need to trust him or jarmo.
man oh man this place sometimes. Got someone worrying about Gaudreau already planning to force a trade and now we are worrying aboutan 825k a year contract? Its almost impossible to pay him less than they are. Its happy times around here, just be happy

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry, should have figured you knew that.

Did you look at that link I sent? By your understanding is Bemstrom also waiver exempt for next year too?
Yes, Bemstrom would not be exempt. His ELC signing age was 20 and he has 3 years and greater than 60 games played (117 games) .

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Yes, Bemstrom would not be exempt. His ELC signing age was 20 and he has 3 years and greater than 60 games played (117 games) .
He signed in May though (good job Jarmo?) so his age was 19yrs 11m 13d.

So I think he needs 4 years and 160 GP? Or does his age equate to 20 because of the Dec 31st rule?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
man oh man this place sometimes. Got someone worrying about Gaudreau already planning to force a trade and now we are worrying aboutan 825k a year contract? Its almost impossible to pay him less than they are. Its happy times around here, just be happy
not sure how that came off but, trust is a thing to be happy about.

Reactions: thebus88

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Cap Friendly has his ELC age at 20 and his waiver age at 20 as well. That's what I'm basing it off of.
Yeah I don't think it's necessarily the age the player is at the time of signing, rather if they turn 20 during the calendar year they signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad