Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Jeremy Smith, Mike McKenna, Ryan Craig/re-sign Cody Bass

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
@KevinisInGoal #cbj signs former #preds prospect Jeremy Smith. Two years ago they also signed Mark Dekanich

Not sure how accurate this is, but sounds like the type of AHL goalie they might target
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=93403

Mod Edit:

https://twitter.com/KevinisInGoal/status/353200348191657984

Edited to add:

Confirmation from Rob Mixer:

@RobMixer

#CBJ sign Ryan Craig, Cody Bass & goaltender Jeremy Smith to two-way deals. Craig's is two years, one-year deals for Smith/Bass.

So, Smith is a 2-way deal. No word on McKenna.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Org depth chart in net.

Bob
McElhinney

Smith
McKenna

Im kinda worried..

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Well, Bob wasn't exactly a sure thing going into last season and that turned out pretty well. :D I have faith in Ian Clark, especially if he's helping pick the goalies he's working with. Smith and McKenna have solid AHL numbers, Smith looks like he could be ready to make the jump.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 1m

NEWS: #CBJ have signed Jeremy Smith (G), Ryan Craig (F) & Cody Bass (F) to two-way, NHL/AHL contracts -

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 1m

NEWS: #CBJ have signed Jeremy Smith (G), Ryan Craig (F) & Cody Bass (F) to two-way, NHL/AHL contracts -
75qbass3.jpg

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Interesting that Ryan Craig has been signed to a two way by CBJ. Last if I remember correctly he was on an AHL contract with SPR. Captain of the team, solid AHL'er, but might be somebody that could be called upon given the present condition of the forward depth.

grind your soul

Belak forever
Jul 1, 2006
Toronto
I'm a fan of McKenna off the ice, but with the goalies in the org - well, that's putting faith in your starting goalie - sign three guys behind him who really have no business wearing an NHL uniform. Yikes.

But as AHL depth, you could do worse.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Interesting that Ryan Craig has been signed to a two way by CBJ. Last if I remember correctly he was on an AHL contract with SPR. Captain of the team, solid AHL'er, but might be somebody that could be called upon given the present condition of the forward depth.
To heck with that; I think it's fantastic we kept him. One of my biggest bugaboos with prior administrations was how we kept losing the captains of our AHL teams. From all accounts Craig was a great leader, and keeping him makes me quite happy indeed. :)

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'm a fan of McKenna off the ice, but with the goalies in the org - well, that's putting faith in your starting goalie - sign three guys behind him who really have no business wearing an NHL uniform. Yikes.

Well, he is the Vezina winner, after all.

(And Bob will likely play about 65 - 70 games.)

grind your soul

Belak forever
Jul 1, 2006
Toronto
Well, he is the Vezina winner, after all.

(And Bob will likely play about 65 - 70 games.)

Haha of course that's right. I missed a couple key words there: "that's putting faith in the health of your starting goalie". The team is basically working without a back-up plan here.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Haha of course that's right. I missed a couple key words there: "that's putting faith in the health of your starting goalie". The team is basically working without a back-up plan here.

McElhinney is fine as a 10-15 games kind of guy, and I'd be fine with going with him if a short-term injury struck Bob. He was one of the top goalies in the A last season and set the AHL season record with 9 shutouts. The other guys were signed to compete in Springfield, so they don't really factor into the NHL plans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad