Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Erik Gudbranson (D) 4 years 4 million AAV

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Gudbranson is a right shot D that brings depth, size, and snarl. Exact type of guy I thought Jarmo and co would target.

Now to see what the contract is which I hope is a 1 year deal.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Some depth on the right. I'm okay with it. These are the kinda signings I was expecting. Low key depth signings

Reactions: Toe Pick

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

If it needs to be spelled out, Gudbranson brings all the things the team needs THAT CANT be shown in all the heat charts, graphs, and “analytics”.

That said, wonder what this says about the “development” of Andrew Peeke and how much people will complain about his lack of ice time.

Reactions: VT

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
If it needs to be spelled out, Gudbranson brings all the things the team needs THAT CANT be shown in all the heat charts, graphs, and “analytics”.
I take any public sphere analytics with a massive grain of salt.

Gudbranson also draws really tough assignments and brings size and snarl. He's not getting deployed in an offensive/sheltered role so yeah his underlying numbers are probably gonna suffer.

Reactions: thebus88 and Viqsi

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not to nitpick but should this be marked as confirmed with link where there has been nothing official other than hockey media reporting it? Nothing is definite until parperwork is signed and in the hands of the league office.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Yup..and with metro getting much stronger , our #1c we draft in top 5 will complete the rebuild 👍

Yep -- and in the meantime we need a guy like this to protect the kids -- i.e. pummel the Sam Bennetts of the world the next time they try to kill Sillinger.

Gudbranson had 7 fights last year according to hockeyfights.com. Our team as a whole only had 7 which was tied with Edmonton for last in the NHL!

Between he and Olivier we should be much better in that department.

Reactions: thebus88 and koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad