Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Brian Gibbons

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Now he Tropp, Boll, and D'Amigo battle for who will be 4th line wingers or healthy scratches

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, people are calling him a DMac replacement but I see him more so as just a player who plays with a similar style. I think the role he's gonna take on will be more similar to Skille than DMac. He'll be a fast, young guy who can bounce between the 4th line and the AHL team. He'll be a big scorer on the AHL team if he plays there.

As a fourth line wing I think he is a direct replacement for DMac. Great hustle. I'll miss D-Mac's hitting though. D'Amigo and Gibbons don't finish nearly as many hits.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is fantastic news. We should have a pretty good fourth line if Gibbons plays as well for us as he did against us. None of Tropp, Boll, D'Amigo, Hjalmarsson, and Gibbons are as sure bets as Mackenzie is, but between them we'll probably have a good set of fourth line wings around Letestu.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
If he becomes the new MacKenzie, this is a great deal by JK.

I didn't realize he played with Cam in college.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
@Aportzline

"#CBJ RW Brian Gibbons (upper and/or lower body) must have been medically cleared. He's on waivers, will go to @TheFalconsAHL if he clears."

Welp, that was a great 4th line pick up.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think he was injured early in the pre-season, because we never really saw his blazing speed. He seemed to be lacking his normal explosiveness. The guy has a lot of NHL potential, lets not write the book on him because of a bad pre-season.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
official now

NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 1m1 minute ago
NEWS: #CBJ have activated forward Brian Gibbons off IR & assigned him to @TheFalconsAHL

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
This is a great underrated signing and I'm glad he went to a pretty likeable team with a good fanbase. Hope he makes the squad :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad