Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Brian Gibbons

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I like this signing. Was great against us in the playoffs till he got injured. Really surprised he got a two-way contract.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Congrats. Enjoy fancy Gibbons.

tumblr_n3hir4HCaw1txyx4lo1_500.png

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'll miss him in the Burgh. Great PK guy but a tough fit in the lineup because he's not skilled enough for the top 6 and is too small and finesse to be ideal for a bottom 6 role. Nice call up option though.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I really think we are wanting to only give 1 year contracts to 4th line guys. I think they are trying to leave space to move guys down to the 4th line when our prospects are ready.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Would have liked to have seen Gibby re-signed by the Pens :( You'll like him, he's not a big guy, but he's fast and awesome on the PK and not afraid to throw a hit. He doesn't have bad hands either ... although he doesn't celebrate when he does score. Hope he sticks with you guys.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I like this signing. Was great against us in the playoffs till he got injured. Really surprised he got a two-way contract.

Maybe I should be a scout. When I saw him flying on the ice in game 2 and then realized he was going to be UFA I thought he would be a great fit here next season. He's got that speed they want on the ice.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I agree, Samkow ... thought he was one of Pittsburgh's best players in the playoffs until he got hurt. I like the signing; could be another Letestu for us.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Well here's the new 26 year old MacKenzie. I'm surprised he couldn't get a cheap one way. I wanted to strangle him in the playoffs so this is a good thing.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

I think a lot of us will like this signing but I bet by the end of the year we'll love this guy....

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So we replaced MacKenzie, Comeau, and Frattin with D'Amigo, Hjalmarsson, and Gibbons. I like it. Younger, faster, hungrier.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So we replaced MacKenzie, Comeau, and Frattin with D'Amigo, Hjalmarsson, and Gibbons. I like it. Younger, faster, hungrier.

People are stepping back from the ledge finally :laugh:
I also like the bit of trolling on Pittsburgh with Hartnell and now Gibbons

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Great signing for you guys. Will miss him in Pittsburgh. Was one of our best players in the playoffs and was a beast on the PK.

I went to WBS a few games during the lockout season and thought he had a ton of potential.

Could turn into a mini-Grabner/Zuccarello for you. Not the best hands but he's fast as hell, never stops moving, and goes to tough areas to score.

Just kills me that we didn't re-sign him and have Craig Adams still on the roster. :shakehead

Good luck Gibby!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
People are stepping back from the ledge finally :laugh:

From my perspective, I'm not sure ledge was the right word. I just didn't and don't see the point of letting him walk.

Nice little two-way deal here. Good little player. No guarantee he'll make the roster, so calling it a MacKenzie replacement is inaccurate. Not even sure we're really looking to replace him, just add some depth in the event of injury.

He can certainly play. If he can stay in the lineup he can add some production from the bottom six.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
From my perspective, I'm not sure ledge was the right word. I just didn't and don't see the point of letting him walk.

Nice little two-way deal here. Good little player. No guarantee he'll make the roster, so calling it a MacKenzie replacement is inaccurate. Not even sure we're really looking to replace him, just add some depth in the event of injury.

He can certainly play.
Yeah, people are calling him a DMac replacement but I see him more so as just a player who plays with a similar style. I think the role he's gonna take on will be more similar to Skille than DMac. He'll be a fast, young guy who can bounce between the 4th line and the AHL team. He'll be a big scorer on the AHL team if he plays there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad