Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Sam Gagner (1 year, $650k)

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Could be a good fit. Columbus has a lot of big bodies that can open up the ice for little Samwise.

Also now that Blue Jackets nameplate on his draft jersey comes full circle and is appropriate. :laugh:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Was thinking either Anaheim or Columbus would sign Sam Gagner.

I wonder what the contract looks like. Columbus shouldn't be paying anything over 1.15mil a season.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Comes with the added bonus that, if the Jackets are not in playoff contention at the deadline, and Gagner played pretty well, they can pickup a draft pick for him.

If.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
most Oilers fans wil say he sucks and is a waste of money, I however say good signing, good solid guy that was mis used and ran out of town, so many former oilers go on to be semi important pieces on other teams.

Aug 10, 2015
Am I the only one waiting for a more concrete 'confirmation' than Hockeybuzz and "Eklund" (not sure if thats the same "Eklund" that is popular on these forums or not :D ).

I could see him being a decent fit in Columbus and believe the possibility of this signing, but until a more reputable source confirms it, I think I will wait to give an opinion :)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I've always liked Gagner, and the Jackets are a team I like watching every now and then, so I'm glad this happened. Hopefully he has a solid year and can resurrect his career.

Do we know how much this is worth?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Could be a good fit. Columbus has a lot of big bodies that can open up the ice for little Samwise.

Also now that Blue Jackets nameplate on his draft jersey comes full circle and is appropriate. :laugh:

Can someone explain the relevance of this? This one is going right over my head lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad