Confirmed with Link: CBJ re-sign Roslovic, 2 years 4 million per season

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If Roslovic has 4 million, how much will Boqvist and Laine want?

Last edited:
Reactions: koteka

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If Roslovic has 4 million, how much will Boqvist and Laine want?
I don't think either of those are comparables. Laine will already have his own value determined by his existing contract and qualifying offer.

Boqvist scored a lot early but hasn't shown he can stay healthy or be consistent yet.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Think that lines up with when Johnson and Sillinger are due for their second contracts.

A 2 yr deal is convenient for this. We at the least know he has a place here for two years, and he has two years to let us know if he has a place here long term and if so at what role.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I am surprised that they opted for short term and walk him right to UFA. Especially at that price tag.

I figured he was getting a 4-6 year deal. Even if he was a tale of two seasons last year, I think he was worth more of an investment than 2 years. But whatever, I hope he plays well enough to earn another deal. And if not I’m sure he’d have trade value

Reactions: Hello Johnny

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I am surprised that they opted for short term and walk him right to UFA. Especially at that price tag.

I figured he was getting a 4-6 year deal. Even if he was a tale of two seasons last year, I think he was worth more of an investment than 2 years. But whatever, I hope he plays well enough to earn another deal. And if not I’m sure he’d have trade value
Tale of two seasons kinda undersells it. Just this year many wanted him traded. Two seasons to prove if he can put a full season together of good play makes sense to me. I know you aren't personally arguing for him to be signed longer but I'm just saying this doesn't really surprise me ig.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
I would love it for 3M but cant complain for 4M. Jenner/Roslo/Kuraly solid 2,3,4

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

In two years this should be a fun team with lots of skill to play with, if Roslovic progress would he take the fabled "hometown discount"?
I think this is what Jarmo is banking on when it comes time to negotiate again. He can stay at home and be the pride of Columbus or we could ship him off to another team at the deadline for appropriate compensation.

Reactions: Jovavic

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Term makes sense for both parties.………I was hoping for$3.5M but I’ve read on these boards an extra million here, million there doesn’t have much impact - and this is only a half million. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Xoggz22

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Term makes sense for both parties.………I was hoping for$3.5M but I’ve read on these boards an extra million here, million there doesn’t have much impact - and this is only a half million. :sarcasm:

Well, a half million per year X 2 = 1 extra million, so all is well.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
No issues with this. The fact there are potential centers coming up as well, this gives Roslovic a chance to either take the next step and become a top 6 C or it's short term trip as others pass him. I think his last 30+ games should be enough to expect that type of consistency for a full season. It seemed to click for him but we'll see. I think he has 1C potential with his skillset and skating but the consistency had been 4C level. Could really outperform this deal by the end. I like it for both.

Reactions: cslebn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad