Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Those watching Elvis and Latvia play Sweden today said he was "Brilliant" "A brick wall".

Can't have enough goalie depth, he seems to be the best goalie so far in the tournament.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That Sweden team isn't that great imo so he hasn't had too much compitition yet. I do like him as a prospect and have since he was drafted but I don't want to give him best goalie in the tourney until he faces a Canada/Russia.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Fair.. but I hope he is as good as it appears he is - we need to a goalie to overachieve for us. plus the guys name is Elvis, he can sing the anthem if Leo ever gets sick.:yo:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
3 pts last night and tied for the lead in points. Up 3-2 now, if they can close it out, pretty good chance he will be the MVP

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
That Sweden team isn't that great imo so he hasn't had too much compitition yet. I do like him as a prospect and have since he was drafted but I don't want to give him best goalie in the tourney until he faces a Canada/Russia.

Shutting out the US after 1 period so far.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Gave up 4. The 4th one was pretty weak imo.

Edit- Hanikinen had 1 and 1 and scored the GW on a break away beauty.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Finally getting a chance to watch Kolesar in the playoffs and he is a physical monster. 1st shift after i flipped the game on his had 3 big hits and some puck control. His next shift was on the PK after Seattle took a 5min major and both D ended up in the corner leaving Kolesar alone in front of the net and ofcourse Regina got the puck to that side of the ice and Kolesar had a huge block

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
and add a G to Kolesars stat line. One timer from the left circle to tie the game and force OT

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Finally getting a chance to watch Kolesar in the playoffs and he is a physical monster. 1st shift after i flipped the game on his had 3 big hits and some puck control. His next shift was on the PK after Seattle took a 5min major and both D ended up in the corner leaving Kolesar alone in front of the net and ofcourse Regina got the puck to that side of the ice and Kolesar had a huge block
He scored the game-tying goal with under three minutes left in regulation. Seattle has a chance to put this series away in OT. :popcorn:

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Woooooooo!!! Go Seahaw.... errr... Thunderbirds!

Fittingly, Kolesar also wins the playoff scoring race with that tying goal and assist on the winner.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
What wing does he play? He might be a good fit to replace Gagnar on the 4th line RW next year or even take Hartnells LW spot. Based on what I seen here he seems the more NHL ready I'd like Abramov I'm the AHL 1 year at least to develop like we did Bjorkstrand.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Big game out of Kolesar. Not the most skilled guy but he looks like the strongest guy on the ice everytime hes out there. Not sure how he didnt win MVP especially when Barzal has games like he did today where I cant think of a more frustrating style to watch but whatever

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
What wing does he play? He might be a good fit to replace Gagnar on the 4th line RW next year or even take Hartnells LW spot. Based on what I seen here he seems the more NHL ready I'd like Abramov I'm the AHL 1 year at least to develop like we did Bjorkstrand.

He is a RW and im sure he will take the same path as Anderson and get AHL and wouldnt be surprised if he plays his way onto the team after that

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Big game out of Kolesar. Not the most skilled guy but he looks like the strongest guy on the ice everytime hes out there. Not sure how he didnt win MVP especially when Barzal has games like he did today where I cant think of a more frustrating style to watch but whatever

Barzal 1st round pick.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Barzal 1st round pick.

Very skilled and flashy but also very frustrating and doesnt like to use his teammates at times.

Kolesar was also a beast defensively which is also great to see. Big shot blocks and stick checks, pretty smart with defensive reads and has no problem playing at either end of the ice. Was the 1st time Ive got to see Kolesar for awhile and Im very happy to see where his game is at

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The Ryan Anderson path includes a memorial cup win if I'm not mistaken so I'm ok with that. Even if it's just jrs we need more people that know how to win. That's why I was big on Anderson before this year and have been adamant about keeping him draft protected from early season too because winning the memorial cup and the Calder cup. Winning at the highest levels before coming here and then performing well in the playoffs shows he knows how to win and performs his best in big time situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad