Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/OTT] Ryan Dzingel and 2019 7th round pick for 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks and Anthony Duclair

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Really strong trade for Ottawa.

Dzingel wasn’t going anywhere for a 1st round pick. He’s not the kind of rental player teams give up a 1st for.

To get two 2nd round picks is a pretty awesome return. Those will be nice for either grabbing two solid prospects or moving up in the first round of either draft.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
all-in
OLjt5Qg.jpg

That looks like me when I play NHL19

Reactions: Galron

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Even though the chances of (2) 2nds both becoming NHL players is roughly 20%

One of the two becoming an NHL regular , around 40%

A 1st round pick becoming an NHL regular , over 80%

For every PK Subban there are 100 guys in some C league in Europe , the ECHL , AHL or running academies and clinics for local youth

I'm sure that's what people said when Pittsburgh traded a 7th round pick to Ottawa for Alex Kovalev.... which turned into Ryan Dzingel
I'm also sure that's what people said when Dallas traded a 6th round pick to Ottawa for Alex Auld.... which turned into Mark Stone

Reactions: Revelation

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I find it hilarious that the Jackets traded a Abramov, Davidsson, a 1st, a conditional 1st and 2 2nds while not at all addressing the biggest issue with that roster: goaltending. They're going to lose in the 1st round when playoff sieve Bobrovsky shows up, they're going to overpay Duchene to stay and be their 1C and be out a ton of futures assets.

Craig Anderson is pretty good in the playoffs.... Just saying....

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I'm sure that's what people said when Pittsburgh traded a 7th round pick to Ottawa for Alex Kovalev.... which turned into Ryan Dzingel
I'm also sure that's what people said when Dallas traded a 6th round pick to Ottawa for Alex Auld.... which turned into Mark Stone

What you are speaking of are referred to as anamolies.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Potentially, two 1st, three 2nds and a 3rd. You have cap space but not much prospect support on the horizon.

If they give up 2 1st, that means that Duchene re-signed and have one of the best center cores in the league for at least the next 2 or 3 years. If Duchene leaves, they lose this year's first, then not that much else is a big loss.

Also, not for nothing, but the Jackets have been, historically, awful drafting in the 2nd round.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It's funny because the haters aren't fans of either of our teams.
When I hate a team, you’ll damn well know it.

My curiosity is with the ripples of the original Duchene trade and beside hoping for the best return for the Avalanche (which thanks to Jarmo and Dorion for not even getting stop gaps for the Senators this year), I’m just enjoying the show.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
On one hand trading Dzingel to the Jackets makes them better this year, which makes their 2019 1st worse.

On the other hand, Duchene will probably only resign with the Jackets if they end up making the playoffs.

Hmmmmm.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Columbus has good scouts and a sound drafting philosophy. We turned a 3rd rounder and a 6th rounder into pieces used to acquire Duchene. We've got some very promising prospects that don't get a lot of media hype. Dzingel himself was an obscure prospect at one point too. Who here outside of Ottawa had heard of him 3 or 4 years ago? Bueller?

Sorry, what am I saying? I forgot that prospects are only good on HF if they've dominated a WJC or have 2PPG in Canadian Junior leagues.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Duclair suiting up tonight for OTT.

he played friday night in Ottawa. Last night in columbus and tonight, again, in Ottawa.

wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad