Proposal: Cbj new jerseys

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Google image of Union Zouave.

The Zouave were French. Granted, they did fight in the American Civil war. But the traditional Union uniforms were entirely blue. I do think our uniforms reflect the Ohio heritage.

The only complaint I have really about our uniforms, is I think the flag swoops around the star in the wrong direction. How they thought it should go from right to left is beyond me.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
The Zouave were French. Granted, they did fight in the American Civil war. But the traditional Union uniforms were entirely blue. I do think our uniforms reflect the Ohio heritage.

The only complaint I have really about our uniforms, is I think the flag swoops around the star in the wrong direction. How they thought it should go from right to left is beyond me.

The original Zouaves were French and they certainly didn't join the American Civil War. The uniform style, though, was worn by some vollunteer Union brigades and similar units in a number of other national armies (including the Confederacy).

As for the flag, I believe it goes in that direction in order to for a "C" for Columbus.

Last edited:

lotsaluv4cbj

Jun 20, 2011
Blacklick, OH
I love our jerseys as they are!

Just waiting for the league to switch back to home whites again to sell more jerseys!

A few people mentioned a throwback to the originals and someone else mentioned a crazy colored bright jersey...Sounds like there's an undercurrent of people who want a Stinger jersey! LOL

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
mattyustaski.jpeg

I hope they're paying royalties.

Sounds like there's an undercurrent of people who want a Stinger jersey! LOL

A Stinger Third Jersey is our destiny.

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
I think the third is absolutely horrible other than the main color.

The circle logo is only used by about... oh gee... most of the other teams for their thirds. The combination of the dark/light blue on the jersey doesn't set itself apart that much from Pittsburgh's thirds (who also coincidentally use a circle logo!).

I do like the block style of the letters/numbers, but it would look better with out the serif.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad