CBJ Money on the Board - Thursday vs Habs (win or lose donation)

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Hey guys and gals,

I suggested this to the mods. I was thinking that between Nick's family issues and the "criticality" of the next game vs Montreal that this would be a great time for fans to put money on the board to donate to Nick's Janis Foligno foundation.

I will be 100% honest, I am in New Hampshire and am technically challenged so I would have no idea how to get the ball rolling on this. If anyone has a suggestion on how this could be coordinated that would be awesome. I am sure we could get some of the CBJ Twitter heavy hitters like Alison and AP to help this go viral and make a difference.

Anyone have any ideas how to get this ball rolling?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Thanks Double Shift, that'd be great. Thought I would start the thread to get people thinking about this. We have less than 48 hours to have it all wrapped up so awfully quick turn around.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but the "Win this game or we won't donate money to the foundation" vibe feels a little weird to me.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
So the Janis Foligno Foundation is listed on GoFundMe (which would be an easy way to start the Money on the Board fundraiser). It is a Canadian foundation, is that OK with everyone?

Before I start this I wanna make sure we are not alone and I was gonna see if we could drag AP and Alison into helping us spread the word. You guys and gals in?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That's just what "Money on the board" usually means I thought. Like I said, perhaps I'm misunderstanding. I like the thought behind this.

I honestly don’t understand the term I guess but to me it should be a simple “Let’s get Our HF crew together to raise some money for Nick’s charity.”

I’m not sure I would trust me as a stranger on the interwebs, but I’d be ok being the point person through PayPal ifvthat makes things easy. It doesn’t work for those who don’t use it, though.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
So the Janis Foligno Foundation is listed on GoFundMe (which would be an easy way to start the Money on the Board fundraiser). It is a Canadian foundation, is that OK with everyone?

Before I start this I wanna make sure we are not alone and I was gonna see if we could drag AP and Alison into helping us spread the word. You guys and gals in?
Hopefully my bank won’t flag a Canadian donation the way it did the last time I tried to donate to an out of country (UK) benefit lol.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

That's probably the best path to take, really. The setup I was looking into was handled by one of the global mods personally thru PayPal; if GoFundMe can manage that sort of thing, all the better for all of us. :)

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
All for it, win or lose.
Maybe instead of putting it all into Thursday, we pledge an amount per win the rest of the season?

Reactions: Monk

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
That's probably the best path to take, really. The setup I was looking into was handled by one of the global mods personally thru PayPal; if GoFundMe can manage that sort of thing, all the better for all of us. :)
Can I title the fundraiser as "HFB CBJ campaign for Janis Foligno Foundation"

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Honestly, I am kinda nervous about starting a Go Fund Me campaign and then nobody shows up. Its so last minute :( We are at less than 24 hours till game time and when I tried to send AP a message to see if he could help spread the word his Twitter account doesn't accept messages.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Honestly, I am kinda nervous about starting a Go Fund Me campaign and then nobody shows up. Its so last minute :( We are at less than 24 hours till game time and when I tried to send AP a message to see if he could help spread the word his Twitter account doesn't accept messages.
Lori Schmidt?

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I don't know her. I am up here in NH. I know AP and Alison cause I see their Twitter feeds all the time.
She’s long covered the Jackets as well, although she changed affiliates (or whatever it’s called) within the past year. @LoriSchmidt

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Go right ahead.

(Sorry I haven't been faster to reply all day - it's been silly busy. :( )
Sorry Viqsi, I think I was being over ambitious thinking I could get this going in less than 48 hours. I just don't have the time and I think the window is too tight. Has to be more thought out. Maybe for the playoffs (fingers crossed) :)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sorry Viqsi, I think I was being over ambitious thinking I could get this going in less than 48 hours. I just don't have the time and I think the window is too tight. Has to be more thought out. Maybe for the playoffs (fingers crossed) :)

No worries. Let's use the best part of the idea, which was to raise some money for the Foligno Foundation, and start there. I think there are two fundamental questions. Let's take a day and get some feedback on what people (especially Doggy) think.

1) Do we want this to be an HF thing or to try and raise more money by taking it to the broader CBJ community. Honestly, my thought was that this would be an HF thing.

2) What's the best combined with easiest way to gather up the donations/money? Again, I'd be happy to do a PayPal money pool, but 1) you need a PayPal account ton contribute and 2) people would have to trust me with their money.

There are secondary concerns like SuperGenius' idea to pledge per win or something, and the general timing of the effort, but I think these are the two bigger questions.

Ideas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad