CBJ Logo Concept

BustownWest

Apr 24, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
First of all, I don't know why I haven't been a part of a Jackets forum until now. I've been a fan since the day they came to Columbus, shared fourth row season tix until I recently moved out to LA.

Now to business.

I've never been much of a fan of the jackets logos. The third jersey has the best style in my opinion, but the cannon doesn't do it for me. Plus, when they tried to make a 'mascot' for the cannon it look reeeeally phallic.

I've always thought a union soldier would be badass, and I found Heinze 57's concept jersey which was awesome. Tossed it into the frame of the current third.

Thoughts? CREDIT TO HEINZE 57 FOR THE SOLDIER GRAPHIC.

cbj_concept_sml.jpg

And a quick photoshop of it on the jersey (from the original release photo, hence vermette)
cbj_umby_ver_concept.png

Last edited:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I have no problem with the cannon at all, but the soldier could certainly work.

The main logo though is way too generic for me. I don't at all mind the Ohio flag being involved but the design is unremarkable.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I have no problem with the cannon at all, but the soldier could certainly work.

The main logo though is way too generic for me. I don't at all mind the Ohio flag being involved but the design is unremarkable.

I like this third jersey concept much better than the current cannon one, but I think the current primary logo is one of the best in the league - clean, distinctive, colorful, and apt.

CincyHatTrick

Jun 26, 2006
Cincy
Years ago when they rolled out the 3rd jersey logo that became the current one...I rejoiced.

Today, I still like it. The "new" 3rds a nice; however, I find the current logo clean, crisp, and in a way "timeless."

But that's me. I realize I look like a d**k coming in here and posting about how I like the other ones, but this design seems like more of the same as our current 3rd.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I like this third jersey concept much better than the current cannon one, but I think the current primary logo is one of the best in the league - clean, distinctive, colorful, and apt.

No accounting for taste I guess, Pete :)

You really should trust me on this one, I have advanced art degrees so I know what you like :sarcasm:

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008
That's OK, I guess, but "more of the same" applies.

GO NEON OR GO HOME

I'll explain for the new guy. First: Welcome! New blood on the board is always appreciated. When the third jerseys were about to be unveiled, some of us thought that our third should sport a neon green theme a la Stingerflesh. It became kind of a stupid, ironic rallying cry for those of us predisposed to being sarcastic and ironic. Even though, in truth, I would actually love it. So does that make it post-irony? or, Huselius-irony? It becomes a bit hazy. Anyways, don't take that personally.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's OK, I guess, but "more of the same" applies.

GO NEON OR GO HOME

I'll explain for the new guy. First: Welcome! New blood on the board is always appreciated. When the third jerseys were about to be unveiled, some of us thought that our third should sport a neon green theme a la Stingerflesh. It became kind of a stupid, ironic rallying cry for those of us predisposed to being sarcastic and ironic. Even though, in truth, I would actually love it. So does that make it post-irony? or, Huselius-irony? It becomes a bit hazy. Anyways, don't take that personally.
Neon Green has been co-opted by rogue forces. It's not safe anymore.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Neon Green has been co-opted by rogue forces. It's not safe anymore.

Stinger says bunk.... all is going well thank you.

As for the OP suggestion I like it but I like the current 3rd better... The cannon barrel is a tad large but it's supposed to be a caricature of a Napoleon not a photograph..

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I like our cannon's and wish them to be our primary jersey. Then get a new third using the mustached soldier, perhaps with the big red C like in Heinze 57's original concept (although I don't like his full jersey).

Then bring Boomer back. No joke. Second best mascot of all time, right after Youppi.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
First of all, I don't know why I haven't been a part of a Jackets forum until now. I've been a fan since the day they came to Columbus, shared fourth row season tix until I recently moved out to LA.

Now to business.

I've never been much of a fan of the jackets logos. The third jersey has the best style in my opinion, but the cannon doesn't do it for me. Plus, when they tried to make a 'mascot' for the cannon it look reeeeally phallic.

I've always thought a union soldier would be badass, and I found Heinze 57's concept jersey which was awesome. Tossed it into the frame of the current third.

Thoughts? CREDIT TO HEINZE 57 FOR THE SOLDIER GRAPHIC.

cbj_concept_sml.jpg

And a quick photoshop of it on the jersey (from the original release photo, hence vermette)
cbj_umby_ver_concept.png

I like the logo, but not for a jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad