GDT: CBJ @ FLA

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
This marked the 10th straight road loss for the CBJ. Their last road win came March 2nd at Chicago.

Their last road win over a team above them in the standings (so not Chicago, San Jose, or Anaheim) was before the All Star Break...January 30th at St. Louis.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This marked the 10th straight road loss for the CBJ. Their last road win came March 2nd at Chicago.

Their last road win over a team above them in the standings (so not Chicago, San Jose, or Anaheim) was before the All Star Break...January 30th at St. Louis.
Just to have the discussion...

Pascal is decent at matching lines when he gets the last change?
Pascal doesn't yet understand how to mitigate not having the last change?
The roster just doesn't have anyone who can win an unfavorable matchup?
It's just a young roster and winning on the road is a real thing in the NHL?
Anything? None of the above?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just to have the discussion...

Pascal is decent at matching lines when he gets the last change?
Pascal doesn't yet understand how to mitigate not having the last change?
The roster just doesn't have anyone who can win an unfavorable matchup?
It's just a young roster and winning on the road is a real thing in the NHL?
Anything? None of the above?
I really don’t think it goes beyond a depleted roster playing out the string.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
There was a noticeable improvment in Pascal's in-game management over the season as he got to know his players and they got to know each other (the ones who could stay in the lineup anyway). He did genuinely seem to get better at juggling as well, especially when certain of his crutches were out of the lineup. You can quibble on ice time for individual players, but his sense of matchups does seem to be pretty good, and since we are frequently playing from behind or outmatched (and lately, both and on the road so no last change) it's hard to tell if certain heavy usage for certain players is game effects or coaching choices. That combined with the depletion of talent from the roster probably results in him getting another season with a short leash. I do not particularly like Pascal, but I'm not opposed to him sticking around to see what he can do with prep time and a better roster next season. He coaches scared because he is scared. I am interested enough to give him a chance to not be scared. If he still fails, oh well, the new GM can bring in his guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad