Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Who do you guys hope for? Just from the top of my head, I think of;

Brian Burke
Craig Patrick
Pierre McGuire (Every team looks at him for some reason, not that he would be good lmao)
Rick Dudley

John Davidson himself could take over I guess.
Ron hextall and JD

TWO goalies as top management... I like it...

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
Yeah, blahblah, what IS your story?

I'm in DC on business and have a hotel room with a balcony, so I went on it to catch a glimpse of Obama's motorcade roll by. I came back in the room to see...this.

This is amazing. Where did this COME FROM?

I do feel bad for Howson, because at the end of the day, he's another guy with no job. But where was this years ago?

Think your owner made the right decision. You cannot waste top picks year after year and expect to keep a job. Best of luck to the BJs in moving forward; I certainly want Dubi and Artie to find success there.

Have to imagine this is a JD move. Our owner is incompetent.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

Brian Burke
Craig Patrick
Pierre McGuire (Every team looks at him for some reason, not that he would be good lmao)
Rick Dudley

Whoever he is, I hope he's patient This team isn't a player or two away.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

Just spoke with Dave Taylor. Said he will not be the next GM of the Blue Jackets.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Honestly, the next GM is set up great. 3 picks (that look like they will all be top 14) in one of the deepest drafts since 2003 (if not deeper).

You guys have Murray, Dansk, Jenner, Johansen.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Ok, we hired JD to do his thing and he is doing it. I have no problem with it. Let's see who he picks as HIS GM.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006

Brian Burke
Craig Patrick
Rick Dudley

Rick Dudley is definitely a guy I'd give a look. Has an Ohio connection as he was the captain of the Cincinnati Stingers. I had heard he wanted the job that eventually was Patrick's, but Howson was afraid that Dudley might eventually replace him.

While I'm a Burke fan from his days in Anaheim, I don't know that he and JD could co-exist. It is interesting that Burke's moves in Toronto now look pretty good (though that goaltending is still a question mark).

Ron Hextall should get consideration for what he's done helping Lombardi in LA.

I'm a softie for Ron Francis as well. Guy has always had a great hockey mind and has been groomed down in Carolina to accept this sort of role.

There are others as well, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Told #CBJ very close to naming Howson's replacement. It will not be Davidson. A deal is close, next GM could be introduced Wednesday.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Hmm...this would lead me to believe it is Craig Patrick, but we shall see.

Maybe not

#CBJ pres of hockey John Davidson had been thinking about firing Howson for an extended time; wanted to get his replacement lined up first.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Despite the surprise, this does not appear to be something sudden. If JD already has someone lined up to become new GM tomorrow, he has been working on this for a while.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Just had to put up with listening to Milbury spew his drivel about the situation.

Blue Jackets are going to have to start over from scratch. It's too bad for the fans in Columbus.

The last thing in the world I want to hear is pity from that POS. Guess I'll have brace myself cuz every Tom, Dick, and Harry with an opinion is going to feel the need to analyze the situation and grace us with it. Whether they have a clue or not.

Gonna be a tough few days.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Sounds like JD knew who he wanted and when he said yes, he let Howson know.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Why would you want him to be the GM?

He's been in the front office of a winning team, is held in high regard around the league and it's his time. And I agree with a previous post that the idea of two goalies in charge in kind of cool. At least we can FINALLY hope to have some quality in net.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If you guys hire Burke... you guys will probably get Nonis in the summer lmao

2 for 1 deal! Wooooo

:sarcasm:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Jarmo Kekalainen may be amongst those who are on the short list for CBJ's GM job. Worked with CBJ prez John Davidson in STL.

Yes yes yes yes please. Jarmo is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad