Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] F Cameron Butler signs ELC with the Blue Jackets (3 years, $858.333k AAV; begins 2023-24)

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
He could be a nice addition to Columbus`s`s bottom six, with some PK down the line. Not too much about him online, in my just quick look up. Seems like a toolsy, coach's dream type player. Looks like a good signing to me.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Jarmo is usually better at finding these guys in College but who knows, maybe he'll exceed expectations like Robinson or just be a Cleveland guy. Its a little odd because it appears he fills a role we have filled but then again he is only 20

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jarmo is usually better at finding these guys in College but who knows, maybe he'll exceed expectations like Robinson or just be a Cleveland guy. Its a little odd because it appears he fills a role we have filled but then again he is only 20

Jackets don't have the young power forward role filled, if he covers that.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Jackets don't have the young power forward role filled, if he covers that.
Maybe if he has the skill to do it at higher levels. Seems like a late bloomer, hopefully that continues and he can make an impact someday. As a pure stat watcher and now watching some fights he seems like an Olivier upside guys more than anything. I also thought Robinson wouldnt be an NHLer so who knows, clearly they saw something and hopefully its more than just size.

Voronkov may somewhat count. I dont know that he drives the net that much but hes generally in the area's doing a lot of those jobs

Reactions: majormajor

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not surprised someone signed him. He put up a pretty decent amount of points as a 20 year old and he's big and he'll fight. That doesn't mean he'll become an NHL player but there are components in his game that make him an interesting project.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Also appears he's the captain of his Junior team so he may have some good leadership skills and ability to be a leader in the room and on the ice. Can't have too many of those at any level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad