CBJ Development Camp 2014

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
No there is no 9 game rule for him. He can go back and forth throughout the season between AHL and NHL. Everyone is extremely high on him right now from this Development Camp. Just wait until main camp though to make final decisions guys!!.. Sure he is an unbelievable prospect, but he needs to get top minutes and get used to North America. He will play majority of the season in AHL with some NHL callups... no need to rush him!!!

No limits and he's losing a year off that contract anyways (all 3 2013 1sts are)

That is what I thought. Thanks.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
heres a good article about Reilly. Even though some people are scared he will possibly pull a "Justin Schultz", I cant see it... I think he just knows he needs to get stronger and is probably really longing for that NCAA championship and Hobey Baker. He grew up in Minnesota and he knows how HUGE a championship would be to the State. I strongly feel he will be yours very soon!!!..

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/07/11/still-room-for-growth.html

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Well presented Cap'n. Although you won't convince those who don't get it because lord, some of us have tried explaining these same points over and over to no avail.

No ****ing way he gets to come in at the last minute and "convince" anyone of anything. It would be the most pissed off I have ever been on HF.

:sarcasm: mostly

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I wouldn't deal any of the top 9 for prospects. But if the Coyotes wanted to get rid of Yandle (and it sounds like they do), they could put together an intriguing package for him. (something around Foligno/Arty and Prout/Savard)

Johnson
Wiz
Yandle
Murray
Tyutin
Prout/Savard

…that's a pretty impressive group.

Yandle is like Wiz 2.0. That's not what our defence needs.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
10471859_1507295372835758_259567310_n.jpg
Wennberg, Forsberg, and Dansk going back to Sweden

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Can we expect CBJ signing an ELC with Merzļikins this summer? He has two years left on his Swiss contract, though.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i don't think this year, they need to see what they have in Dansk and Forsberg for the next year or so...maybe, next off season he gets the ELC, prob 2

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I just have to shake my head about this Anisimov conversation. How it isn't obvious to some that he does not fit in long term is beyond me. We just re-signed Dubi long-term. Johansen will be re-signed before the season starts with a significant raise in a manner that will ensure his next deal is still as an RFA. Jenner played well last year and is a natural center. Wennberg is a center. Its quite possible (maybe even probable) that Jenner surpasses Anisimov this year. Which makes him the 4th line center, even if Wennberg (1) doesn't play center for now or (2) doesn't make the team. And, to be clear, that's only looking ahead to 2014-15.

Does anyone seriously want to tell me that Anisimov is going to be on this team as a center by the time his contract runs out in 2016, two full seasons from now?

So, then we have to look at our other top 6 forward positions. Hartnell and Horton are clearly going to be taking up top 6 minutes. Atkinson would seem likely to be in that position barring a trade particularly since he already outperformed Arty and still has significant upside. That leaves one spot for Foligno/Anisimov in the top 6...this year. And, on a per game, and consistency basis, I'd choose Foligno over Anisimov. Not to mention that Foligno has shown more chemistry with his teammates and better fits the style of play JD and Jarmo want. This is BEFORE we even consider 2 more years of development for guys like Dano, Rychel, etc.

So, are we going to pay Anisimov the type of money he's going to rightly want in 2 years to be a bottom 6 forward...or are we going to maximize the return and trade him sometime between now and then to address other needs--specifically improving our defense which was totally outskated in the series against the Pens?

Anisimov will not be a 1st or 2nd line center for the Jackets going forward...but he could on another team. And that makes him a valuable commodity. More valuable than Foligno and Atkinson, for example. You have to manage assets and trade from strength to address weakness. So, without even thinking that much about the youngsters, I think it is obvious that Anisimov is a trade chip during the next 2 years.

I agree with everything you say, but I think we realistically have a season to see how it all plays out before jd/jk need to trim a center from the roster. How often are the top 9 forwards all on the ice healthy? I'm also not sold on Atkinson as a top 6 guy.

I wouldn't deal any of the top 9 for prospects. But if the Coyotes wanted to get rid of Yandle (and it sounds like they do), they could put together an intriguing package for him. (something around Foligno/Arty and Prout/Savard)

Johnson
Wiz
Yandle
Murray
Tyutin
Prout/Savard

…that's a pretty impressive group.

Murray/Yandle, I really like the sound of that. Those are 2 very well balanced pairings at the top.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
I agree with everything you say, but I think we realistically have a season to see how it all plays out before jd/jk need to trim a center from the roster. How often are the top 9 forwards all on the ice healthy? I'm also not sold on Atkinson as a top 6 guy.

There's need and then there is opportunity. If JD/JK have an opportunity to improve the team as a hold, they aren't holding off simply because they don't yet need to make a move. The best moves are made when you don't need to make them because those are the moments when you have all the leverage.

I'm mixed on Atkinson. But, just as last year was the deciding point for Johansen, this year is his deciding point. If he doesn't cut it, there will plenty of young guys pressing for his spot soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad