PTO: [CBJ] D Nicolas Meloche (released) and G Aaron Dell (released) sign PTOs with the Blue Jackets

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I was wondering if Columbus might add a veteran #3 since they only have three goalies signed (Merzlikins/Tarasov/Greaves). They have a fourth goalie signed in Nolan Lalonde but he's not AHL eligible.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Nooooooo

OUR Nic Meloche and AaronDell?!

Oh well

Go Sharks!

43iv8l.jpg

I remember when people still liked Meloche so much as a prospect and i was railing against the wind like, "this guy can't defend worth crap".

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
43iv8l.jpg

I remember when people still liked Meloche so much as a prospect and i was railing against the wind like, "this guy can't defend worth crap".
I mean he's decent at defending. 5-6 defenseman. Shows flashes of offense but I really do think he will never put it together. He just doesn't have the "IT" factor. Also, his stamina is pretty bad and that's pretty important for defending. Becomes a true pylon when he's tired lol

And Aaron Dell is Joe Thornton's best friend. Thornton hasn't retired yet lol

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I was wondering if Columbus might add a veteran #3 since they only have three goalies signed (Merzlikins/Tarasov/Greaves). They have a fourth goalie signed in Nolan Lalonde but he's not AHL eligible.
We all assume they will over on the CBJ board. Some cheap vet who can start in Cleveland and come up when one of the other two inevitably gets hurt.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mean he's decent at defending. 5-6 defenseman. Shows flashes of offense but I really do think he will never put it together. He just doesn't have the "IT" factor. Also, his stamina is pretty bad and that's pretty important for defending. Becomes a true pylon when he's tired lol

And Aaron Dell is Joe Thornton's best friend. Thornton hasn't retired yet lol

His short area quickness was always trash. Which is definitely the biggest problem with him, that he hasn't really addressed. It wasn't always clear in Jrs whether it was that he couldn't move quickly enough or just didn't have the smarts to react quickly enough. But he'd absolute turn into a pylon at times and it was a huge red flag to me. He had a hilarious habit of just turning into a literal turnstile with in-zone defensive zone though. Spinning around in circles waving his stick at things and doing absolutely nothing.

614 CBJ

Jul 12, 2022
Raleigh, NC
Dell potentially not only has a chance to make the team.......

he could get a good number of starts with the 2 guys in front of him

Jarmo patched up some holes in the offseason, but goaltender wasn't one of them

Reactions: Toe Pick and banks

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
His short area quickness was always trash. Which is definitely the biggest problem with him, that he hasn't really addressed. It wasn't always clear in Jrs whether it was that he couldn't move quickly enough or just didn't have the smarts to react quickly enough. But he'd absolute turn into a pylon at times and it was a huge red flag to me. He had a hilarious habit of just turning into a literal turnstile with in-zone defensive zone though. Spinning around in circles waving his stick at things and doing absolutely nothing.
Yea that sounds like him haha

Reactions: biturbo19

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Every team should know by now that they need depth in goal, and have 4 guys who can handle an NHL start. A guy like Aaron Dell can start in a pinch. I expect he'll get a 2-way deal somewhere.

The PTO suggests to me that he maybe he thinks he can earn a backup job? Are there any backup jobs still open out there?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dell is a boob. Like Binnington but even more of a coward and far worse at his position. Hope he fails.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad