Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] D Corson Ceulemans signs ELC with the Blue Jackets (3 years, $925k AAV; begins 2023-24)

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Congrats to CC. Will be interesting to see how he does as a pro.

He has stagnated imo the last 1yr or so and i thought he would have more offence than he has shown.

However, I can see him being a solid 2way Dman.

Its all about the player development staff for CBJ now.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Congrats to CC. Will be interesting to see how he does as a pro.

He has stagnated imo the last 1yr or so and i thought he would have more offence than he has shown.

However, I can see him being a solid 2way Dman.

Its all about the player development staff for CBJ now.
Wisconsin was absolutely brutal. I don't know that his development stagnated as much as there was no structure and I'm not sure what he learned his two years there. He clearly showed he can play in all three zones but he's going to have to learn a system/structure if he wants to move up the ladder. Will be interesting to see how he does in the AHL to end the year. Could learn a LOT by playing there this year. He's headed to Cleveland on a PTO so we'll see what develops in his game and understanding of actual structure. I have high hopes for him. Seems to have a pretty moldable toolkit.

Reactions: hn777

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Wisconsin was absolutely brutal. I don't know that his development stagnated as much as there was no structure and I'm not sure what he learned his two years there. He clearly showed he can play in all three zones but he's going to have to learn a system/structure if he wants to move up the ladder. Will be interesting to see how he does in the AHL to end the year. Could learn a LOT by playing there this year. He's headed to Cleveland on a PTO so we'll see what develops in his game and understanding of actual structure. I have high hopes for him. Seems to have a pretty moldable toolkit.

Thats what I mean by stagnant. It didnt look like he learned anything or developed any of his skills there. He looks like the same player.

Having a stagnant 2 years during prime development years can be really bad..

Hopefully CC overcomes the tough last 2 years at Wisconsin.

Happy this guy is leaving Wisconsin. He was brutal, often just flat out lazy with his play.

This is what i saw a lot of nights as well, i just didnt want to be so hard on the guy

Reactions: Altimus

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Happy this guy is leaving Wisconsin. He was brutal, often just flat out lazy with his play.
Thoughts on Stramel?

Thats what I mean by stagnant. It didnt look like he learned anything or developed any of his skills there. He looks like the same player.

Having a stagnant 2 years during prime development years can be really bad..

Hopefully CC overcomes the tough last 2 years at Wisconsin.

This is what i saw a lot of nights as well, i just didnt want to be so hard on the guy
Curious for your thoughts too.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I can’t imagine how tongue tied broadcasters will be when he plays against Karsen Kuhlman.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So he doesn’t burn an elc year this season? Interesting…. Can be good or bad. Gives him an extra year to develop as he’s likely earmarked for the A next season anyways. So if he did burn elc this year he’d have just 1 year left on his elc in the nhl to earn a big contract if he’s good enough.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Thoughts on Stramel?

Curious for your thoughts too.
Skating stride is wonky looking with average ish speed. Offense leaves a bit to be desired. Shot is okay. Passing is okay. He uses his frame really well.

I think there’s more to him than what I saw. Perhaps a new coach at Wisconsin can help him develop into a nice power forward.

I’d project him as a 2nd/3rd line center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad