Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/COL] Cody Goloubef for Ryan Stanton

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I know what I'm about to say literally means nothing but Stanton played 69 games for Moose Jaw from 2008-2009 and was a -40... That's insane.

Anyways, He has solid numbers at the NHL level when he is given the chance. This deal has Torts written all over it. He clearly likes something in Stanton's game. Wouldn't be surprised if Golo asked for a trade though. From meeting him at STH events, he is a great guy off the ice. I was a big fan of his game on the ice too. Never will forget when he broke his jaw and skated off almost as if he only took a high stick.. tough as nails.

Best of luck CG.. (ps: how this thread has almost 2,000 views is beyond me..)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Aww. I liked Cody. :(

Hopefully he gets a better chance over there. I doubt he'll ever get beyond bottom pairing, but he can be pretty effective there.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I know what I'm about to say literally means nothing but Stanton played 69 games for Moose Jaw from 2008-2009 and was a -40... That's insane.

To add a bit of context to that, Moose Jaw was pure garbage that year. Like, insanely bad.

Travis Hamonic was a -37 in 50 some-odd games. Their best goalie had a sparkling .866 save percentage and a 4.57 GAA.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
This is the deal that starts it all. Everyone was waiting to see where Goloubef was going to go. The next few days are going to be crazy!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Maybe we try to send down Harrington down now and accept losing him because he really hasn't played great. Play Stanton over Nutivaara and Prout. Hell send Nutivaara to the AHL to develop better and have Prout be your extra guy.

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
I think he's long been a solid 5/6. That's not upside, that's him. He just did something to **** Torts off.

I feel like there's a few more going back to Holden.

Vogelhuber, Coach Nolan Pratt, Skille was a year ago....

Beauchemin, Bodnarchuk, Dupuis, Mauldin. I think the adam foote's private jet had started the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad