CBJ Board Summer 2019 Prospect Rankings: #5

Which of these prospects is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best from the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below.

1. Alexandre Texier (LW/C)
2. Vladislav Gavrikov (D)
3. Emil Bemstrom (LW/C)
4. Liam Foudy (C)

Added: Kirill Marchenko (RW/LW)

Tyler Angle (C)
Tim Berni (D)
Paul Bittner (LW)
Gabriel Carlsson (D)
Ryan Collins (D)
Maxime Fortier (RW)
Eric Hjorth (D)
Kale Howarth (LW)
Marcus Karlberg (LW/RW)
Matiss Kivlenieks (G)
Ryan MacInnis (C)
Carson Meyer (RW)
Michael Prapavessis (D)
Eric Robinson (LW)
Justin Scott (C/W)
Kole Sherwood (RW)
Kevin Stenlund (C)
Robbie Stucker (D)
Peter Thome (G)
Calvin Thürkauf (C/LW)
Dmitri Voronkov (LW)

Add:
Stenlund - 7
Carlsson - 6
Hjorth - 1
Bittner - 1
Robinson - 1
(as of nana)

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I expect things to get interesting starting here. I think there's a tier of prospects here that are very closely-bunched. I of course could be wrong, but I think it's worth it to leave this thread go until Monday (assuming Sunday is a low-traffic day). We'll watch and see what happens.

FWIW, the add here is, essentially, a guy you think deserves to be in the top 10 - the last opportunity to get him there. Again, voting and probability can change things, but that's basically where we're at in the poll.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Voting Peeke (because I like both goalie prospects evenly)

add Stenlund (because I think he's a good player and still deserving of top 10 but he's getting crowded out and I was not impressed in his short stint with the big club)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Voted Tarasov - the scouts quoted in the Athletic were pretty clear that he is the high upside guy.

Add Gabe Carlsson. 22 isn't too old for a prospect D, though time is running short. I think he has the skill set to be a second pair D, I'm hoping a little more maturity is all he needs.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Add Hjorth. I've seen very little of him but what I have seen suggests a real good size + speed + skill package, and if he'd been healthy, he probably wouldn't have slid to the fourth round.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Add Stenlund

Voted Peeke. I think he has top 4 upside and could eventually push Savard out one day. He's still green and needs some seasoning, but I like him going forward.

I agree with DSL. For me it was between Stelund or Carlsson. While Carlsson has looked more impressive in his NHL stints, he has also been over to America longer and hasn't shown much growth. Stenlund is the same, however I think he has more upside.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Voted Tarasov. I think he is our highest ceiling goalie.

My add is Bittner. He put up .6ppg last year. Maybe he's put his injuries behind him?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
VV add Stenlund.

For me the vote was between Peeke and VV. I think VV makes some waves this year and while I like Peeke, the D is stacked and he's gonna have to wait for his shot. I think he stays in Cleveland for a season or two to get some experience, no need to rush the kid.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Voted Tarasov. I think he is our highest ceiling goalie.

My add is Bittner. He put up .6ppg last year. Maybe he's put his injuries behind him?

You mean Bittner will stop getting injured in the future? He was injured plenty last year.

I do agree though that he took a step last year and he's a solid prospect.

Peeke, add Carlsson.

Personally, I have almost, but not quite, entirely given up on Stenlund. :dunno:

I've given up on Stenlund several times, and he always finds a way to bring me back. You wait. :laugh:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Add Carlsson

Voted Tarasov. I'd actually have him maybe a spot higher. Just for future reference for myself when the season is in full swing and people claim no one thought insert name was going to break out or everyone had blank rated too high I want my rankings out there so here is my personal rankings having missed all the voting before this point.

1 Gavrikov
2 Texier
3 Tarasov
4 Foudy
5 Peeke
6 Bremstrom
7. VV
8 Marchenko
9 Carlsson
10 Voronkov

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
While I believe the pool is getting thin already, I am surprised at the support for Stenlund. Then again you gotta pick someone I guess.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
While I believe the pool is getting thin already, I am surprised at the support for Stenlund. Then again you gotta pick someone I guess.

There are a few tiers left, but we are running out of players we know a lot about. I think there are robay a couple who just haven’t broken out yet. Bemmy was 14 on our list last year.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

He seems to have the tools, so I guess it's more hope for a bounce-back year for him and that he learns to apply those tools at the NHL level.

I just feel that either Stenlund or Carlsson is going to have a big rebound this year, hopefully both.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Add Stenlund

Voted Peeke. I think he has top 4 upside and could eventually push Savard out one day. He's still green and needs some seasoning, but I like him going forward.

I agree with DSL. For me it was between Stelund or Carlsson. While Carlsson has looked more impressive in his NHL stints, he has also been over to America longer and hasn't shown much growth. Stenlund is the same, however I think he has more upside.

Yeah Stenlund and Carlsson are very similar. We think of them as prospects running out of time. They’re from the same draft as Werenski... and Bittner, Gavrikov and Nutivaara.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I expect things to get interesting starting here. I think there's a tier of prospects here that are very closely-bunched. I of course could be wrong, but I think it's worth it to leave this thread go until Monday (assuming Sunday is a low-traffic day). We'll watch and see what happens.

Well Sunday was not a low traffic day, so we’re a couple hours from the next poll.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Peeke, Tarasov, and VV are so close for me at the moment. I think Tarasov has the highest upside, so I'll go with him.

Add Stenlund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad