CBJ Board Summer '17 Prospect Rankings: #8

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

This uses HF Criteria, hence why some players have spent time in the NHL.

Rank | Player | Position #1 |Pierre-Luc Dubois|C/LW
#2 |Oliver Bjorkstrand|RW
#3 |Gabriel Carlsson|D
#4 |Vitaly Abramov|RW
#5 |Vladislav Gavrikov|D
#6 |Sonny Milano|LW
#7 |Kevin Stenlund|C

Added: Tyler Motte

Emil Bemstrom
Tyler Bird
Paul Bittner
Ryan Collins
Jonathan Davidsson
Jacob Graves
Markus Hannikainen
Kale Howarth
Matiss Kivlenieks
Dean Kukan
Jordan Maletta
Carson Meyer
Nick Moutrey
Justin Scott
Kole Sherwood
Blake Siebenaler
Robbie Stucker
Peter Thome
Calvin Thurkauf
Veeti Vainio
Sam Vigneault
Daniel Zaar

Add Poll
Calvin Thurkauf - 7
Markus Hannikainen - 4
Kole Sherwood - 4
Jonathan Davidsson - 2
Matiss Kivlenieks - 2
Paul Bittner - 1

As of GoJackets1.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Elvis, add Hannikainen

Was tough to pick from Hannikainen or Thurkauf but I went with Hanni because he will make the team this year, and while Thurkauf has more long term potential, I think Hannikainen has a better chance to get there.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
For the add poll. I'll speak up for Davidsson. He had good production for Djurgardens and then dominated in the prospect scrimmages. Not that small either. He doesn't have great NHL odds, but he has a chance to be something special, and I'll take that before voting for Hannikainen, who is a 4th liner at best.

Thurkauf is somewhat in between in my book. He's very likely a bottom six guy but he's also only just turned 20 years old and has time to turn into something much better than Hannikainen.

Edit: Sherwood is another guy with real upside. I would take him over Hannikainen. He was tied for 9th in OHL points, as a 19 year old.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Add Bittner.

I realize this will be unconventional but this kid has a ton of talent, just needs to get healthy and his head focused on hockey. CBJ see him as another Anderson, maybe more skill, little less speed. I thought Thurkauf but he won't need my help this round. :)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Elvis add Thurkauf

Tex is so young and raw. Not to mention he's french coming out of a league that is teirs below what I would need to see him play against to be impressed. I'm not going to shiney new toy this guy. Every current guy on the list imo is a better prospect for us until this season is over. If he has a great year this year taking age, new league, etc into consideration I will allow my expectations to grow. Honestly HS kids are easier to evaluate then this kid. I trust our scouts though so I believe he has the skill just what can he do with it for me is such an unknown there's no good way to judge based on the list we have with other guys. Tarasov imo is similar because injury but he has shown more against better compitition. End of long winded post.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I'm trying to decide between Elvis, Tex and Peeke for this one. Not going to vote just yet in case anyone wants to argue for one of those three.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Texier, add Kivelenieks.

Going through my old lists, the last time I liked a player like this but folks barely acknowledged him wasn't actually Tynan - it was in 2015, with, of all players, Merzlikins. I had him at #12 and he barely managed to make it to #20.

I'm not sayin' anything, I'm just sayin'...

* * *​
For the add poll. I'll speak up for Davidsson. He had good production for Djurgardens and then dominated in the prospect scrimmages. Not that small either. He doesn't have great NHL odds, but he has a chance to be something special, and I'll take that before voting for Hannikainen, who is a 4th liner at best.

Judging by votes so far, he'll be the other guy on my list getting bypassed by folks immediately below him.

Last edited:

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I would have agreed, but I just saw that Davidsson is already 20, 6 months younger than Stenlund. Not saying that he won't be a good player, but I assume most 20 year olds at development camp should be dominating, similar to Stenlund.

Add Thurkauf.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I would have agreed, but I just saw that Davidsson is already 20, 6 months younger than Stenlund. Not saying that he won't be a good player, but I assume most 20 year olds at development camp should be dominating, similar to Stenlund.

Add Thurkauf.

Davidsson was a camp standout, at least with what I saw. His shot makes you take notice. Give him a season or two in the AHL and a lot can happen for a player that's willing to put in the work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad