CBJ Board Summer '16 Prospect Rankings: #4

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think after 3, things get a little Nutty (or Nuti, as it were). I think the 4th best prospect is closer to the 15th best than the 3rd best (okay maybe that's a bit extreme). We have guys like Heatherington and Sedlak who will go closer to the end of the polling who are not that far off from Korpi/Anderson/Milano.

I agree.

This is why, IMO and in disagreement it seems with many other posters, this democratic way of coming up with a top 20 is so fascinating. Trust me, people are going to ***** that we're getting it wrong, and start posting their own individual lists to show how wrong we all are. And I'm not saying the consensus is going to get anything "right." I just find it a much more compelling way to make the list.

*hidden civics lesson concluded*

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree.

This is why, IMO and in disagreement it seems with many other posters, this democratic way of coming up with a top 20 is so fascinating. Trust me, people are going to ***** that we're getting it wrong, and start posting their own individual lists to show how wrong we all are. And I'm not saying the consensus is going to get anything "right." I just find it a much more compelling way to make the list.

*hidden civics lesson concluded*

I think this is a fun way to come up with a group list. And I also welcome folks' individual lists. I think they're all interesting.

The best way to come up with a list though would be for everyone to submit a list and then we do an instant-runoff-vote that would instantly come up with the group list. The way we're doing it now, when the vote is split between many candidates, the plurality winner often isn't a very popular choice (A plain English example: Anderson could win the next poll with 30% of the votes, ahead of Milano, and still lose a head to head with Milano). IRV makes sure that doesn't happen.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think this is a fun way to come up with a group list. And I also welcome folks' individual lists. I think they're all interesting.

The best way to come up with a list though would be for everyone to submit a list and then we do an instant-runoff-vote that would instantly come up with the group list. The way we're doing it now, when the vote is split between many candidates, the plurality winner often isn't a very popular choice (A plain English example: Anderson could win the next poll with 30% of the votes, ahead of Milano, and still lose a head to head with Milano). IRV makes sure that doesn't happen.

Like I said, thankless.

OK, I didn't say it. And I have no actual reply, so I just posted words. Instead, here's a picture of a rabbit with a cinnamon roll on its head.

3996569861_ecb86fe51b_z.jpg

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Democracy and consortiums are nice things to have but this could be also the perfect chance to develop individualism and learn how to make the best out of it. Use the chance to be more. If that is what most desire out of these Blue Jackets as well.

Latest Olympic downfall of American imperial ice hockey federation for example was mixing ice hockey, a play-based sport with consortium based decision-making. Too many laddles in the soup led into zero to five exit. I don't think there is any place for democracy in the sports. Even the American model of communism has more use.

Another way to expand your own rating ability would be to learn more of the European ice hockey pyramid. Picture the Canadian junior leagues in your mind. It is easy to imagine teams playing in those swapping places on the global chart. Then try to imagine liberal free for all rule set where innovations and quality of work determine outcomes. Climb higher in your now Eurasian turning mind. Follow this path and you will eventually come across Nutivaara and Oulun Kärpät.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Democracy and consortiums are nice things to have but this could be also the perfect chance to develop individualism and learn how to make the best out of it. Use the chance to be more. If that is what most desire out of these Blue Jackets as well.

Latest Olympic downfall of American imperial ice hockey federation for example was mixing ice hockey, a play-based sport with consortium based decision-making. Too many laddles in the soup led into zero to five exit. I don't think there is any place for democracy in the sports. Even the American model of communism has more use.

Another way to expand your own rating ability would be to learn more of the European ice hockey pyramid. Picture the Canadian junior leagues in your mind. It is easy to imagine teams playing in those swapping places on the global chart. Then try to imagine liberal free for all rule set where innovations and quality of work determine outcomes. Climb higher in your now Eurasian turning mind. Follow this path and you will eventually come across Nutivaara and Oulun Kärpät.
"Kärpät is a better team than most Liiga teams, therefore this one decent player on their team is clearly far and away the best prospect that the Jackets have any rights to, and you plebians don't understand because you're not European enough. LEADING ONE!!!1111"

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I voted Korpisalo, although my boy Forsberg will be right behind him (and only because Korpi has done it more at the NHL level to date). Add Kukan.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I voted Korpisalo, although my boy Forsberg will be right behind him (and only because Korpi has done it more at the NHL level to date). Add Kukan.

I know Anton and he says you're a dick. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, you had his back when no one knew who he was, he might let you put Korpi over him just this once. :laugh:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
This is where it starts getting hard picking where prospects will fall due to multiple factors..

I kind of swayed a little bit, but I ended up picking Josh Anderson here. I'm not sure if Korpi will be a #1 NHL goalie for years to come, so I decided to hold off as of the #4 pick. That's why I ended up going with Josh Anderson. I think he will be a top 9 NHL power forward for years to come and is ready to be an NHL'er starting this year. I think he has a higher likelihood of valued success compared to some others around him.

Add Abramov

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
For me, Korpi and Forsberg are pretty much 4A and 4B, but I foresee the next poll being an Anderson-Milano run off (so I'm going to have to vote the 6.5B+ > 7.5C)*

*My grades of the players, not HFs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad