CBJ Board Summer '16 Prospect Rankings: #3

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Remember what Mayor Bee said about European unrestricted free agents?

I don't have it tattooed anywhere but it goes along the lines of: "Why some of these geezers make it and others don't?".

Jarmo Kekäläinen answered him via video message when speaking of Marko Dano: "He is already there there."

Nutivaara's play has taken him to the top of the European pyramid.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bjorkstrand, add Carlsson. And I'm this close to just dumping Nutivaara off my list entirely out of sheer irritated spite.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
heh.

I was prepared to not be sullen over Tynan being left off of the 2013 list entirely (he was my #10 overall that year) despite my promoting him almost as much, but now folks are doing the "oh hey this guy was good all along" hindsight thing and it's kind of irritating. To see someone else pull the same thing and actually get somewhere where I got nowhere - around the same time that I'm being retroactively proven right - has me feeling really, really bitter and spiteful.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
heh.

I was prepared to not be sullen over Tynan being left off of the 2013 list entirely (he was my #10 overall that year) despite my promoting him almost as much, but now folks are doing the "oh hey this guy was good all along" hindsight thing and it's kind of irritating. To see someone else pull the same thing and actually get somewhere where I got nowhere even after I was retroactively proven right has me feeling really, really bitter and spiteful.

heehee I just did it for fun

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Add this Nutivarra..I'm going to call Uncle on this. Secretly voting Carlson

Where can I see this Nutivarra.. who knows anything at all about the progress of Gavrikov? I think we have some really good young D prospects certainly these two and Kukan.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
heh.

I was prepared to not be sullen over Tynan being left off of the 2013 list entirely (he was my #10 overall that year) despite my promoting him almost as much, but now folks are doing the "oh hey this guy was good all along" hindsight thing and it's kind of irritating. To see someone else pull the same thing and actually get somewhere where I got nowhere - around the same time that I'm being retroactively proven right - has me feeling really, really bitter and spiteful.

You were retroactively proven right about Tynan? He's an AHL 2C.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
You were retroactively proven right about Tynan? He's an AHL 2C.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand that either. I'm glad Tynan is with the LEM and I'm pulling for him that he gets a the odd cup of coffee in the NHL going forward. But, I'm not seeing how he was under-rated as a prospect back then.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Stunned that Bjorkstrand is still on the board at #3. Add Kukan.

It's a great top 3. Only the Leafs are clearly ahead.

Here's the leaguwide prospects poll results for comparisons sakes

1. Auston Matthews, C - TOR
2. Patrik Laine, LW - WPG
3. Mitch Marner, RW - TOR
4. Jesse Puljujarvi, RW - EDM
5. William Nylander, C - TOR
6. Ivan Provorov, D - PHI
7. Dylan Strome, C - ARI
8. Mikko Rantanen, RW - COL
9. Zack Werenski, D - CLB
10. Pierre-Luc Dubois, C/W - CLB

11. Kyle Connor, C - WPG
12. Matthew Tkachuk, RW - CGY
13. Olli Juolevi, D - VAN
14. Sebastian Aho, LW - CAR
15. Clayton Keller, C - ARI
16. Travis Sanheim, D - PHI
17. Mikhail Sergachev, D - MTL
18. Brock Boeser, RW - VAN
19. Alex Nylander, LW - BUF
20. Shea Theodore, D - ANA

21. Oliver Bjorkstrand, RW - CLB
22. Pavel Zacha, C - NJ
23. Christian Dvorak, RW - ARI
24. Travis Konecny, C - PHI

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Typing "Add Kolesar" gave me some weird deja-vu.

So I went back and looked at last year's votes and sure enough I voted to add him each time from #10 on last year. He was never selected (Viqsi's Tynan was ahead!). :shakehead

Looking back at my other picks --- not so encouraging. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dk Math

Jun 12, 2016
It's a great top 3. Only the Leafs are clearly ahead.

Here's the leaguwide prospects poll results for comparisons sakes

1. Auston Matthews, C - TOR
2. Patrik Laine, LW - WPG
3. Mitch Marner, RW - TOR
4. Jesse Puljujarvi, RW - EDM
5. William Nylander, C - TOR
6. Ivan Provorov, D - PHI
7. Dylan Strome, C - ARI
8. Mikko Rantanen, RW - COL
9. Zack Werenski, D - CLB
10. Pierre-Luc Dubois, C/W - CLB

11. Kyle Connor, C - WPG
12. Matthew Tkachuk, RW - CGY
13. Olli Juolevi, D - VAN
14. Sebastian Aho, LW - CAR
15. Clayton Keller, C - ARI
16. Travis Sanheim, D - PHI
17. Mikhail Sergachev, D - MTL
18. Brock Boeser, RW - VAN
19. Alex Nylander, LW - BUF
20. Shea Theodore, D - ANA

21. Oliver Bjorkstrand, RW - CLB
22. Pavel Zacha, C - NJ
23. Christian Dvorak, RW - ARI
24. Travis Konecny, C - PHI

Yes, and Toronto will always have prospect in the top of any election. And that is no matter how good or bad they may be!
This is also why those votes on entire league is so uninteresting. There are simply to many home voters from big hockey towns.

Anyway Bjorkstrand is no 21, that is interesting, since this mean that others take him as the 2'Th CBJ.

Anyway Bjorkstrand is easy here. And I think the 3 first prospect is way in front of everyone else.

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
No, it means he was 3rd (sorry if I misread your post). Werenski was 9th and Dubois was 10th.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah, I didn't quite understand that either. I'm glad Tynan is with the LEM and I'm pulling for him that he gets a the odd cup of coffee in the NHL going forward. But, I'm not seeing how he was under-rated as a prospect back then.
He was underrated in that folks insisted he was a guaranteed bust, didn't expect him to do anything in the AHL, and kept him off top-20 lists entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad