CBJ Board Summer '16 Prospect Rankings: #3

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Simply vote for the (no more than 1) prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

This uses HF Criteria, hence why some players have spent time in the NHL.

Rank | Player | Position #1 |Zach Werenski|D
#2 |Pierre-Luc Dubois|C/W

Added: Anton Forsberg

Vitaly Abramov
Tyler Bird
Paul Bittner
Alex Broadhurst
Gabriel Carlsson
Ryan Collins
Oscar Dansk
Vladislav Gavrikov
Jacob Graves
Markus Hannikainen
Scott Harrington
Dillon Heatherington
Keegan Kolesar
Dean Kukan
Jordan Maletta
Elvis Merzlikins
Nick Moutrey
Markus Nutivarra
Andrew Peeke
Peter Quenneville
John Ramage
Sam Ruopp
Dante Salituro
Justin Scott
Lukas Sedlack
Blake Siebenaler
Kole Sherwood
Markus Soeberg
Kevin Stenlund
Peter Thome
Calvin Thurkauf
TJ Tynan
Veeti Vainio
Oleg Yvenko
Daniel Zaar

Add Poll
Carlsson - 12
Nutivaara - 4
Kukan - 2
Kolesar - 2
Hannikainen - 2
Zaar - 1

as of hardcore

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Nice to see Forsberg added. I don't know if we'll get it, but I'm interested to see what happens when the two goalies start getting votes, if it'll be sort of a run-off.

But neither gets the vote here.

Add Nutivaara

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Bjork, add Carlsson.

Can't decide for the next round. I think Korpi and Forsberg are about as even as you can get for goalie prospects, so I'd have them tied for 4th.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Bjork, add Carlsson.

Can't decide for the next round. I think Korpi and Forsberg are about as even as you can get for goalie prospects, so I'd have them tied for 4th.

I'd go with Korpisalo because he is almost 1 1/2 years younger and I think he has more potential.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Add Coleslaw. (Kolesar)

I certainly think Carlsson and Kukan are right there with Kolesar - I'd just pick him because I think he has more upside.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Kukan, 23, goes next on the list of geezers without Nutivaara's merits in the professional game. No doubt he should be on these rankings which seems to avoid every chance of highlighting talent witnessed.

Just confess: you people do not understand Nutivaara. No shame in that. But second year of Nutivaara not registering in these polls puts competence of the whole board in shame.

You go to the line at the grocery store. A champion appears behind you. You let him go in front of you in the line.

VicjKCG.jpg

Last edited:

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Kukan, 23, goes next on the list of geezers without Nutivaara's merits in the professional game. No doubt he should be on these rankings which seems to avoid every chance of highlighting talent witnessed.

Just confess: you people do not understand Nutivaara.

Nutivaara has more votes than Kukan right now. Kindly, be quiet.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
From what I can tell, Nutivaara is a smaller version of Kukan, and less proven. I'm very curious to see him play in the AHL, but don't see why he should be bumped ahead of Kukan yet (other than Finnish nationalism).

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Your precious Nutivaara is, wait for it,......22. He will turn 23 before Kukan turns 24, so I guess Nutivaara is also a geezer?

Kukan played two seasons in the SHL, and now has a season of AHL/NHL under his belt. Also has more national team appearances than Nutivaara.

Nutivaara is a fine prospect, especially for a 7th round pick, but he'll need at least a season or two in Lake Erie before even being considered for the NHL. Kukan could make the team this year.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
From what I can tell, Nutivaara is a smaller version of Kukan, and less proven.

Competence?

What Kukan did Nutivaara did better, earlier and on higher level. It has nothing to do with Finnish or Swedish league but out of Luleå, JYP and Kärpät... one of them was elite European team under Marjamäki. If you want to put league into that it was top KHL side.

While I enjoy the more advanced Finnish culture nationalist I am not. I am a regionalist. I won't put my sword in the scabbard until Savo and Karelia are free.

Also has more national team appearances than Nutivaara.

For the Swiss national team which isn't exactly close or comparable to Finnish national team in terms of ease of making it. Nutivaara is ahead there also then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad