CBJ Board Summer '16 Prospect Rankings: #2

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
It begins!

Simply vote for the (no more than 1) prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

This uses HF Criteria, hence why some players have spent time in the NHL.

Rank | Player | Position #1 |Zach Werenski|D

Added: Josh Anderson

Vitaly Abramov
Tyler Bird
Paul Bittner
Alex Broadhurst
Gabriel Carlsson
Ryan Collins
Oscar Dansk
Anton Forsberg
Vladislav Gavrikov
Jacob Graves
Markus Hannikainen
Scott Harrington
Dillon Heatherington
Keegan Kolesar
Dean Kukan
Jordan Maletta
Elvis Merzlikins
Nick Moutrey
Markus Nutivarra
Andrew Peeke
Peter Quenneville
John Ramage
Sam Ruopp
Dante Salituro
Justin Scott
Lukas Sedlack
Blake Siebenaler
Kole Sherwood
Markus Soeberg
Kevin Stenlund
Peter Thome
Calvin Thurkauf
TJ Tynan
Veeti Vainio
Oleg Yvenko
Daniel Zaar

Add Poll
Carlsson: 1

As of Samkow

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Most of you probably will have NO idea what I'm talking about, but I can't help but think Hork-Bajir when I see/hear the name of who I voted for.

EDIT: Add Anton Forsberg

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Add Nutivaara, the only one of the bunch who has actually contributed to winning something of value besides Bjorkstrand in Denmark.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Voted OB. I know everyone has a different reason but in another thread people are predicting OB to be in the vicinity of 30-40 pts and yet he is not our #2 prospect?

Add Forsberg

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Voted OB. I know everyone has a different reason but in another thread people are predicting OB to be in the vicinity of 30-40 pts and yet he is not our #2 prospect?

Add Forsberg

Yes, I think Bjorkstrand will have more NHL points than PLD at the end of next season. Over their careers, I project that PLD will have quite a few more points than OB even though I think the latter will be a very good player. Hence, my ranking.

Add Forsberg

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The Great Dane is my favorite prospect, but even I say he's 3rd on the list of potential. With his work ethic, he may end up higher. Won't be for lack of effort.

But I think Werenski will at least be nominated once for a Norris. I think PLD will have a Bergeron/Lecavalier like impact. Would take a lot to beat that.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Add Forsberg

What does his possible point total this year have to do with who will be the best player 5-10 years from now? Also, there is more to the game than scoring points. I think Dubois will score more points (less goals), but also be the better overall player.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What does his possible point total this year have to do with who will be the best player 5-10 years from now? Also, there is more to the game than scoring points. I think Dubois will score more points (less goals), but also be the better overall player.

A lot based on one good 1/2 yr as a C in the QMHL. I know this is all a bunch of SWAG's I was just curious why peeps were voting the way they were.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Yes, I think Bjorkstrand will have more NHL points than PLD at the end of next season.
I even think Bjork will have more NHL points in the season 17/18 than PLD.
About season 16/17 i'm silent.PLD
has no chance.
Add Hannikainen.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Anton Forsberg would like a word with you.

He hasn't either won anything other than youngster stuff.

I think there is a notable difference between a league of men and scrap it all together farm league. Success in the other projects far more heavily than 16-2 stroll around the streets of Cleveland.

Especially when considering there is no equality in European hockey leagues. It is survival of the fittest. Placed by order. For example here is quick global ranking to illustrate the system used by Midtjylland for example. It doesn't have all the teams in comparison if someone is wondering but all of them are in the one and same league table.

1 Oulun Kärpät,
2. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Lake Erie Monsters

Next you identify what pushed in example Kärpät over Blue Jackets on the global chart... world class coaching, Nutivaara and so on. Identify and acquire. Add.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He hasn't either won anything other than youngster stuff.

I think there is a notable difference between a league of men and scrap it all together farm league. Success in the other projects far more heavily than 16-2 stroll around the streets of Cleveland.

Especially when considering there is no equality in European hockey leagues. It is survival of the fittest. Placed by order. For example here is quick global ranking to illustrate the system used by Midtjylland for example. It doesn't have all the teams in comparison if someone is wondering but all of them are in the one and same league table.

1 Oulun Kärpät,
2. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Lake Erie Monsters

Next you identify what pushed in example Kärpät over Blue Jackets on the global chart... world class coaching, Nutivaara and so on. Identify and acquire. Add.

Yet Puljujarvi got the same "world class coaching" and was complete **** in your eyes. You make no sense. And no, the NHL isn't below any European team. You can argue its above the AHL, fine, I can get with that, but it's not close to the NHL.

The leading one told me so

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Yet Puljujarvi got the same "world class coaching" and was complete **** in your eyes.

You use the global team ranking system to identify key players, not hang-around members. Those who make and lift their teams above others. Stade Malherbe Caen and N'Golo Kanté in example. Tim Sparv and Greuther Furth.

Nutivaara just turned 22. In the European scene he is far more accomplished than Wennberg or Dano ever where when coming over if you slot them on the global ice hockey map.

1. Nutivaara
2. Wennberg
3. Dano

I don't think it is fair to use someone's success against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad