CBJ Board Summer '15 Prospect Rankings: #18

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Simply vote for the (no more than 1) prospect you think is the best prospect of the above. This poll will be open 24 hours.

This uses HF Criteria, hence why some players have spent time in the NHL.

Rank | Player | Position #1 |Zachary Werenski|D
#2 |Sonny Milano|LW
#3 |Oliver Bjorkstrand|RW
#4 |Kerby Rychel|LW
#5 |Dillon Heatherington|D
#6(T) |Gabriel Carlsson|D
#6(T) |Anton Forsberg|G
#8 |Michael Paliotta|D
#9 |Paul Bittner|LW
#10 |William Karlsson|C
#11 |Josh Anderson|RW
#12 |Austin Madaisky|D
#13 |Kevin Stelnund|C
#14 |Ryan Collins|D
#15 |TJ Tynan|C
#16(T) |Joonas Korpisalo|G
#16(T) |Daniel Zaar|RW

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Ill go Siebenaler. Whats he been playing D for now? 3 years or 4? Either way not terrible with all things considered

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Can someone explain to me why these three should be ranked ahead of Kolesar? He was drafted a little higher and none of the other three have made statistical progress since last year's draft.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Can someone explain to me why these three should be ranked ahead of Kolesar? He was drafted a little higher and none of the other three have made statistical progress since last year's draft.

Older and more familiar i guess. Same goes for Moutrey except he actually showed a good amount of growth

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Siebenaler went from 6 goals to 12 goals, -16 to +7 rating

Leblanc went from -15 to +21 rating

But yes, a lot of solid prospects were left out of the top 20. Moutrey, Kolesar, Sherwood, Gavrikov, Vainio, Hannikainen, etc.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
not sure Kolesar is anything but a 3rd line grinder...He wouldn't be in my top 20...

but LeBlanc being at the Team Canada NJEC is definitely showing he's been improving...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We voted on it.
I think the idea behind the question is "why did we so vote?" There frequently is a small implication of "why did YOU MORONS vote like that" in such cases, but I don't think it's present here.

For my part, I'm always conscious of the fact that the only reason y'all don't vote the same way I do is because people just don't UNDERSTAND, and therefore need to be educated through relentless browbeating and propagandizing. ;)

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Why is a very good question:

I am pretty uninformed about prospects & don't have much availability to Canadian Jr's or European leagues so I am voting based on something I read or a youtube clip that i have seen. Many of you have watched prospects play in person so I recognize the disparity in our information.

Olivier LeBlanc is a pretty good example of the fact that the poll is extremely subjective: Being selected for a tryout for the Canadian WJ team is such an honor his potential is probably that of one of the best young defensemen in Canada & we barely have him in our Blue Jacket top 20 prospects.. LeBlanc is another late round CBJ pick that could end up being a huge steal if he progresses as currently identified.

Our poll is fun.. for fun nothing more.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
not sure Kolesar is anything but a 3rd line grinder...He wouldn't be in my top 20...

but LeBlanc being at the Team Canada NJEC is definitely showing he's been improving...

And Josh Anderson was voted 11th

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Oliver LeBlanc is a pretty good example of the fact that the poll is extremely subjective: Being selected for a tryout for the Canadian WJ team is such an honor his potential is probably that of one of the best young defensemen in Canada & we barely have him in our Blue Jacket top 20 prospects.. LeBlanc is another late round CBJ pick that could end up being a huge steal if he progresses as currently identified.

Werenski-LeBlanc will be Columbus' Stevens-Rafalski.

#inaperfectworld

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
There are at least two of us. Anderson has some skill to his game - add a little grit and he Rychel and Jenner could be formidable on a line in the future
Yeah. That'd be a hell of a 3rd line.

i think Anderson has more upside than a 3rd line grinder, but I'm probably in the minority there...
I'm genuinely curious.. what part of his game leads you to believe he could be a top 6 player? Perhaps you meant he could be a 3rd line scorer (a la Anisimov) rather than a 3rd line grinder (a la.. Clarkson?), but I personally don't see anything that hints at a potential top 6 player.

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
that is probably more like what I was going for...just something about watching him at traverse and at camp, I think he has 20g potential in him, its just up to him to put it together...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad