CBJ Board Summer '14 Prospect Rankings: #7

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland
It's not really left field to my mind. Siebenaler could have easily been picked ahead of Ryan Collins. Collins seems more like a project pick with his lanky frame, and I'm glad Jarmo took a chance on him, but I'm guessing Siebenaler is a safer bet.

I meant more that Siebenaler is a prospect that no one talks about. And the way I see it is that Collins has higher floor but lover top potential.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I meant more that Siebenaler is a prospect that no one talks about. And the way I see it is that Collins has higher floor but lover top potential.

Interesting. It could just be a prejudice on my part when I saw Collins' skating. I thought he was more of the risky pick. But of course lanky players often look awkward but sometimes can still get the job done. You think Siebenaler has higher upside?

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland
Interesting. It could just be a prejudice on my part when I saw Collins' skating. I thought he was more of the risky pick. But of course lanky players often look awkward but sometimes can still get the job done. You think Siebenaler has higher upside?

I do. We have to remember that he has played defense only a couple seasons. He still has much to learn in his play in his own zone.
But comparing Collins and Siebenaler is apples and oranges situation. Collins is shutdown D, whereas Siebenaler is puck mover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad