CBJ Board Summer '14 Prospect Rankings: #5

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Time to start this.

Simply vote for the prospect you think is the best prospect of the above and vote who you would like to see added to the next poll from the choices below. This poll will be open 24 hours.

This uses HF Criteria, hence why some players have spent time in the NHL.

Rank | Player | Position #1 |Alexander Wennberg|C
#2 |Kerby Rychel|LW
#3 |Sonny Milano|LW
#4 |Tim Erixon|D

Added: Dillon Heatherington

Seth Ambroz
Josh Anderson
Tyler Bird
Michael Chaput
Ryan Collins
Sean Collins
Jerry D'Amigo
Oscar Dansk
Simon Hjalmarsson
Joonas Korpisalo
Thomas Larkin
Olivier Leblanc
Austin Madaisky
Ilari Melart
Elvins Merzlikins
Nick Moutrey
Julien Pelletier
Peter Quenneville
Lukas Sedlak
Blake Siebenaler
Markus Soberg
T.J. Tynan
Will Weber
Daniel Zaar

Add Poll
Hjalmarsson: 6
Chaput: 5
Dansk: 5
R. Collins: 3
Zaar: 1

As of JFW.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Here's where things get tough, IMO. Both voting for #5 and the add. For me, any of those guys save Heatherington is good at the next spot. And there are about 5-6 guys who could be the add.

EDIT:
Indeed, I note that I "voted" to add Heatherington a couple polls back over Reilly (who got the add by a significant margin), so apparently I'm really confused, since just now I posted that Reilly is OK at #5 but not Dillon.

Absent a strong opinion I'll probably leave these next couple to you all.

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
agreed...much like the goalies, Forsberg is our starter in Springy, but at near 2 yrs older than dansk, is he a better prospect than dansk, or just better b/c he's older...next few picks will be interesting...

I like Bjorkstrand, but I feel if he doesn't add size, he's not a better pro prospect than Dano who has already been playing against older, larger guys...

this year may be one of our most difficult for a consensus top 10...I feel in past years, the top 10 is pretty much the same for most, then it gets murkey...looks like at 5 it begins getting murky now

which is a good thing

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I feel last year was a breakout year for Bjorkstrand, while it was a bit of a lost year for Dano. So I've moved the former a little ahead of the latter in my own mind. I hope Dano is able to re-establish himself this year in the AHL. He is much closer physically to being able to play in the NHL right now compared to Bjorkstrand.

As said, a case could be made for all of these 5 players as the next choice.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I feel last year was a breakout year for Bjorkstrand, while it was a bit of a lost year for Dano. So I've moved the former a little ahead of the latter in my own mind. I hope Dano is able to re-establish himself this year in the AHL. He is much closer physically to being able to play in the NHL right now compared to Bjorkstrand.

As said, a case could be made for all of these 5 players as the next choice.

Exactly this. I loved what JD had to say about Dano coming into town early to work on everything he needed to.

The next few picks are really close between Bjorkstrand, Reilly and Dano for me.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
voted Reilly based on my interpretation of things I've read that suggests his ceiling is the highest.

Add Hjarmalson. Once we get to 11 or so we might as well pick them
out of a hat.

of course last year we had Savard in the low teens so what do we know?:laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Voted Forsberg, add Hjalmarsson.

And to answer Fro's question, Forsberg isn't just better than Dansk because he's older. Forsberg is 15 months older, but his play 2 years ago was much better than Dansk's' this year, and Forsberg has improved the most since then. At Dansk's current rate of improvement Dansk will never get to where Forsberg is at. With Dansk your just hoping for a breakout as he still has the physical potential.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Reilly, add Hjalmarsson

I think the solid prospects go beyond 10. But ranking beyond 10 could be anything. Guys like Zaar, Soberg, Koorpisalo... Have potential but need time. Still have some very likeable parts to their games with NHL upside and they may not make top 20 for some...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Reilly, add Hjalmarsson

I think the solid prospects go beyond 10. But ranking beyond 10 could be anything. Guys like Zaar, Soberg, Koorpisalo... Have potential but need time. Still have some very likeable parts to their games with NHL upside and they may not make top 20 for some...

Solid prospects beyond 10? While I'd like to think so I don't believe it. If more than a couple of guys outside of who we vote top 10 on the list make it to the NHL level and play say 100 games, I'd be amazed. Maybe one or two come on strong but its just as likely that one or two of the top 10 fizzle out along the way and don't see 100 games either.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Solid prospects beyond 10? While I'd like to think so I don't believe it. If more than a couple of guys outside of who we vote top 10 on the list make it to the NHL level and play say 100 games, I'd be amazed. Maybe one or two come on strong but its just as likely that one or two of the top 10 fizzle out along the way and don't see 100 games either.

If you look back at our past lists, 2 guys ranked 10-20 becoming NHLers is nothing unusual. Calvert, Clitsome, Savard, etc.. And we're deeper now than ever before. Of course you're right, one or two of the top 10 will not pan out as well (I actually would be surprised if its not more like 3 or 4 fizzle out.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad