Claimed off Waivers: [CBJ] Blue Jackets claim F Lane Pederson off waivers from the Canucks

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
All I know about this guy is when I watched yesterdays game I had a chuckle that Canucks have Pederson and Pettersson

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Who? Scouting report anyone ?
AHL point per game tweener. Can plug in your lineup and he’ll likely be a net 0 but nothing special. Played with Pettersson for a few games and had 1 good game (Petey’s 6 point game). Been scratched for a while.

LBCANUCK

Jun 26, 2012
I believe they are trying to keep their guys in the ahl to play some winning hockey and build proper habits.

Especially those two. Play in more situations and hopefully build the tool box a bit
whos next up with lockwood injured? I suppose Gisussepe for one of the two. I think hoglander could be a tocchet guy.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Putting a claim on this guy instead of giving someone like Trey Fix Wolansky more of a chance.....

Figures

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
One is a center and one is a winger? TFW also hasnt done much in the chances hes gotten
Pederson has played mostly C in his time in VAN and isn't an NHL C... that's even giving him the credit of being an NHL winger... which he isn't.

TFW has gotten exactly 10 games. 4 of them this year averaging under 10 minutes in each. Despite that he has a (slightly) higher NHL ppg than Pederson and is 2 years younger and has played exceptionally well for CBJ's AHL team.

Neither is likely to amount to much, but I know which one I'd rather gamble on.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Pederson has played mostly C in his time in VAN and isn't an NHL C... that's even giving him the credit of being an NHL winger... which he isn't.

TFW has gotten exactly 10 games. 4 of them this year averaging under 10 minutes in each. Despite that he has a (slightly) higher NHL ppg than Pederson and is 2 years younger and has played exceptionally well for CBJ's AHL team.

Neither is likely to amount to much, but I know which one I'd rather gamble on.
The hope for Columbus is this leads to Sillinger being sent down to develop. The team already came out and stupidly said they had thought about it but couldnt because of a couple injuries in Cleveland. Basically admitting their center depth is garbage and theyd rather risk harming a players development than finding a real solution.

TFW is way too passive and basically loses everything I like about the player when hes in the NHL. Same as Bemstrom with his offense in the AHL vs NHL. If he brought the never give up attitude a guy like Gerbe for example brought he'd have a spot already

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s just been one of those players who can’t adjust to the NHL’s speed, when it comes to finding open ice, creating space and getting his shot off.

He does have a chance to play 200+ games if he dedicates himself to a bottom six role. Unfortunately 90% of guys don’t make that decision and think they will suddenly start putting points up in the league.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Who? Scouting report anyone ?
Lane Pederson

Scouting Report:
The versatile forward can line up either at center or wing. He skates well and has decent hockey sense, but has to be more consistent and improve his attention to detail in order to make an impression in a league with loads of depth forwards looking for jobs. Adding strength would also help.

Long Range Potential: Versatile depth forward.

Reactions: ViD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad