Proposal: CBJ and EDM/LAK/CAR (Bob and Panarin involved)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Hard pass from Edmonton. The difference between one year of Bob and one year of Talbot isn't Nuge.

Talbot + Lucic + 1st + 2nd
For
Bob + Milano

That is something I'd do if Bob extended at 5 years x 7.5 million
First off, that's pretty much a straight cap dump from Edmonton.

Second, no way Bob gets less than 9 million AAV.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Wow I'm sure all those teams will love overpaying for guys about to hit UFA. This might as well be a CBJ moving its problems someplace else proposal. Some of these deals aren't even fair if the players were signed long term anyways.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
We’re trading Skinner anyways, so may as well take the best deal you can for him instead of trying to target bob.

If this is the best offer we get...then Skinner has little value around the league and we should have no fear of him getting paid as a UFA.

It doesn't help us. These aren't even assets we can flip to fill a need.

Reactions: Unsustainable

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Hard pass from Edmonton. The difference between one year of Bob and one year of Talbot isn't Nuge.

Talbot + Lucic + 1st + 2nd
For
Bob + Milano

That is something I'd do if Bob extended at 5 years x 7.5 million
If that was on the table, we wouldn't be considering trading Bob. The deal he's thought to be after is a year or two longer and at least 3-4 million higher on cap hit.

Further, I want no part of Milan Lucic. Your 1st and 2nd aren't worth the downgrade to Talbot AND taking on that bad contract. If there is a deal to be had, it's probably somewhere between RNH and Lucic+picks.

Reactions: Fro

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Bob’s great but Edmonton isn’t interested. Not at the expense of RNH. Our forwards are incredibly shallow WITH him, Texier doesn’t do anything to help that.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I do agree that Carolina would make sense as a possible landing spot, but a deal around Bob for Skinner doesn’t make a whole lot of sense since the proposed deal satisfies our needs at BOTH top-6 C and wing while clearing sufficient cap.

Well yes I understand it fills Columbus' needs but you don't seem to be considering how it helps Carolina who appear to have an eye towards competing this year. Value wise it's okay but they'd probably be better served using Skinner as a piece to fill the #1C or starting goalie positions

EDIT: Additionally, there's no reason Edmonton would consider the first deal anyways. I am confident they have more faith in Talbot bouncing back then one of their depth wingers filling Nuge's role

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If this is the best offer we get...then Skinner has little value around the league and we should have no fear of him getting paid as a UFA.

It doesn't help us. These aren't even assets we can flip to fill a need.
Two roster forwards and a first round pick is not at all bad value. I think Dubinsky can turn it around still, and he plays the kind of game we need at a position we’re weak at. I don’t think Milano is without value either. I think both could be flipped at the deadline, especially if they take a bigger chunk of Dubinsky’s salary. The first rounder could obviously be flipped.

You’re going overboard with your interwebs hockey message board demands. Of all the crap offers I’ve seen for Skinner that’s hardly the worst.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Two roster forwards and a first round pick is not at all bad value. I think Dubinsky can turn it around still, and he plays the kind of game we need at a position we’re weak at. I don’t think Milano is without value either. I think both could be flipped at the deadline, especially if they take a bigger chunk of Dubinsky’s salary. The first rounder could obviously be flipped.

You’re going overboard with your interwebs hockey message board demands. Of all the crap offers I’ve seen for Skinner that’s hardly the worst.

Of course it's not the worst, but it's pretty bad and far below the price point where we should just keep Skinner.

The 1st is the only worthwhile asset there. (...and I think we'll likely be offered better 1sts.) There is no reason to make a trade with Skinner or Faulk merely for the sake of making a trade. That's what that is.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm incredibly confused. I don't understand how anyone from any NHL fanbase would think that this would have any appeal whatsoever to the Oilers.

Reactions: Chan790

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I can honestly say that, to this point, I hate every part of every single proposal advanced in this thread.

...Well, okay, maybe not the Skinner one in the OP. But otherwise, ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad