Proposal: CBJ and EDM/LAK/CAR (Bob and Panarin involved)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
With all of the uncertainty that surrounds the Blue Jackets' future w/r/t Panarin and Bob, I'm trying to find a way that both could be traded and still keep the team competitive now rather than just building for the future (again).

Trade 1:

To EDM:
Sergei Bobrovsky + Alexander Texier

To CBJ:
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins + Cam Talbot

Trade 2:

To LAK:
Artemi Panarin + Lukas Sedlak + '19 3rd Rd Pick

To CBJ:
Tyler Toffoli + Gabriel Vilardi + Conditional '20 1st Rd Pick if Panarin extends

Trade 3:

To CAR:
Sonny Milano + Brandon Dubinsky (with 1M retention) + '20 1st Rd Pick or Vitalii Abramov

To CBJ:
Jeff Skinner

Skinner-Dubois-Atkinson
Toffoli-RNH-Anderson
Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand (RFA- 3x2.5M)
Duclair-Nash-Foligno

Werenski-Jones
Murray (RFA- 4x3.5M)-Nutivaara
Kukan-Savard

Talbot/Korpisalo

(Final 2018 cap hit of ~75.4M)

Last edited:
Reactions: Toe Pick

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You could have fooled CBJ fans by saying trying to keep us competitive but that is tanking HARD. All of that is horrible for us...

Reactions: Jovavic

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Loool nope from the Oilers. We lose another top 6 forward for an upgrade in goal for 1 year? No thanks

Last edited:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Carolina would make more sense for Bob. Is Columbus thinking Korpisalo could be the longterm #1?

Signs are pointing to going with Korpisalo/Merzlikins/Tarasov in the future with the organization parting ways with goalie coach Ian Clark and bringing up Manny Legace to take his place.

I do agree that Carolina would make sense as a possible landing spot, but a deal around Bob for Skinner doesn’t make a whole lot of sense since the proposed deal satisfies our needs at BOTH top-6 C and wing while clearing sufficient cap.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
A two time Vezina winner still in his prime is just an upgrade?

I feel so sorry for Connor McDavid. All that talent and no future
How is saying he is an upgrade an insult? I never said a minor upgrade. Also you’re ignoring the fact that he’s a ufa after next year so no guarantee we can even keep him.

Don’t get your panties in a bunch there princess.

Reactions: Homesick

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A two time Vezina winner still in his prime is just an upgrade?

I feel so sorry for Connor McDavid. All that talent and no future
Upgrade - to improve the quality or usefulness of something, or change it for something newer or of a better standard

I think upgrade is exactly the right word. Bobrovsky is an upgrade over Talbot. Both only have one year left though, and that one year isn't worth Nugent-Hopkins.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I would rather just see if talbot bounces back and have a full season of Hopkins on mcdavids wing

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
You could have fooled CBJ fans by saying trying to keep us competitive but that is tanking HARD. All of that is horrible for us...
Um... No. Assuming Panarin won't sign at all, these are good deals, but I'm extremely high on Elvis and think he can be our starter right away. Only changes I would make are trying to keep Abramov and Texier (especially Tex).

I was actually toying around with the idea of Skinner myself, @PanarinDangles9. Was thinking maybe if Panarin didn't sign, we would take a run at him/Seguin next year.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
I know the chances of any of these happening are slim to none but I actually think these are all very well thought out proposals with some pain on all sides-- nice job.

That said -- I think both LA and Edmonton would want extensions prior to moving those kinds of pieces.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I know the chances of any of these happening are slim to none but I actually think these are all very well thought out proposals with some pain on all sides-- nice job.

That said -- I think both LA and Edmonton would want extensions prior to moving those kinds of pieces.

Kings deal won't fly as is. However if we get pre-negotiation rights and come to an agreement, I think the entire price, including fully committing the conditional pick, can be considered a reasonable deal for LA.

If Panarin reeeeally wants to go to LA, I think an extension could easily be worked out beforehand.

Now for Bob, who knows...but that is also a similar possibility

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Um... No. Assuming Panarin won't sign at all, these are good deals, but I'm extremely high on Elvis and think he can be our starter right away. Only changes I would make are trying to keep Abramov and Texier (especially Tex).

I was actually toying around with the idea of Skinner myself, @PanarinDangles9. Was thinking maybe if Panarin didn't sign, we would take a run at him/Seguin next year.

I think in this scenario, Vilardi essentially replaces (and upgrades) on Texier, plus we just drafted Foudy who I think is a better prospect anyways. Abramov certainly would sting to lose, but it'd be worth it if we could add Skinner and RNH to our forward corp. There's not really any room for him to make the club this season, and Vilardi/Foudy/Marchenko will all have their chance the following year.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Hard pass from Edmonton. The difference between one year of Bob and one year of Talbot isn't Nuge.

Talbot + Lucic + 1st + 2nd
For
Bob + Milano

That is something I'd do if Bob extended at 5 years x 7.5 million

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad