CBJ alumni fantasy camp

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario

Anyone else see this?
$3k to train and eat and play with some CBJ alumni. And get some Blue Jackets swag.
Kinda cool, anyone know when the last time they did this? But that price....

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I saw it. Sounds really cool but I can't skate with no organized hockey experience and don't have 3K to do it.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Anyone else see this?
$3k to train and eat and play with some CBJ alumni. And get some Blue Jackets swag.
Kinda cool, anyone know when the last time they did this? But that price....
3k is a lot of money (to me at least) for 3 days

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Didn't notice in my initial post that this is the 1st time this has been ofered.

$3k is alot, but comes with quite a bit of stuff and hanging with CBJ players and playing on the home ice.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Didn't notice in my initial post that this is the 1st time this has been ofered.

$3k is alot, but comes with quite a bit of stuff and hanging with CBJ players and playing on the home ice.
I once talked with a guy who had done a Reds fantasy camp with his kid. The guy was late 50s and the kid was in his early 30s. He said it was a blast. He definitely had enough money so paying for him and his son wasn’t a hardship or anything.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I did it, I signed up.
Day 1 in the books, and it's been AMAZING.
Meeting several alumni, practicing on the ice (and holy shit was that intense!), dinner and drinks afterwards.
Interesting to hear things from alumni perspective on current state of CBJ.
PXL_20240117_221959698.jpg
PXL_20240117_213313351.jpg

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I look forward to hearing more about it.

For sure, will share more.
Yesterday and today were practices and scrimmages, lead by Recchi and Boll respectively.
Some off ice training as well.

Hanging around with Boll, Nash, Mike Sillinger (better known as Cole's dad), Aaron Johnson, J-L Grand-Pierre, Umberger, Derek Dorsett, Andrew Cassels, Tyutin and Chris Clark has been surreal. They've all been so great and friendly. And shared some fantastic stories.

Thank god for Grand-Pierre, he suited up as the 3rd goalie to spell us as few times and me and the other goalie were absolutely gassed from the barrage of pucks during the drills. I haven't felt like that in a long, long time.

The access to the arena and the club in general, just amazing. So welcoming.
Great to meet other CBJ fans as well.

Tomorrow is the big game, and I'm happy to share more after it's all done. And pics too.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Hanging around with Boll, Nash, Mike Sillinger (better known as Cole's dad), Aaron Johnson, J-L Grand-Pierre, Umberger, Derek Dorsett, Andrew Cassels, Tyutin and Chris Clark has been surreal. They've all been so great and friendly. And shared some fantastic stories.
I’ve talked with some of those guys at rinks around town and everyone I have talked with has been really friendly. It is always kind of cool when your kid is playing and a guy like Grand-Pierre is in the lobby because his kid plays next.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
For sure, will share more.
Yesterday and today were practices and scrimmages, lead by Recchi and Boll respectively.
Some off ice training as well.

Thank god for Grand-Pierre, he suited up as the 3rd goalie to spell us as few times and me and the other goalie were absolutely gassed from the barrage of pucks during the drills. I haven't felt like that in a long, long time.

The access to the arena and the club in general, just amazing. So welcoming.
Great to meet other CBJ fans as well.

Tomorrow is the big game, and I'm happy to share more after it's all done. And pics too.
I guess this a 50/50 shot this is you but still a cool memory regardless.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
^^^
Lol, no that was the other goalie. I was on Nash's team.
That was a typical Nash snipe.

We lost 10-8 to team Shelley,.

An unbelievable experience all around.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario

PeteBauer

Jan 22, 2024
Mark ("CBJ Goalie"), our Team Nash (blue jerseys) goalie, made some incredible Hasek-like stops during the big game! He robbed Derek Dorsett of a can't-miss score by flopping end over end and reaching with his stick. A thing of beauty!

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Do you have to be good at hockey? For instance, I started playing about 3 years ago, and am now in C league. Would I be in over my head there or is the skill level varied?

Mixed level, but all skill welcome.
Some guys had to 'tripod' (ie. use their sticks for balance), but everyone treated the same and given the same opportunity.

I'm going to post the game once I get a copy of it, and you'll be able to see the pace and skill.

Reactions: Cowumbus

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Someone shared a link to the game from the ref's point of view!
Nasher (online hockey media guy) was the ref and recorded the game while giving commentary;

The game looks much slower than it actually was, haha

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
^^^^
Yes - I also requested a trade but then it was rescinded by management.....or maybe I mis-spoke?
I'm losing track.....but honestly, of all the BS that's happened this season to this team, this was the highlight.

Reactions: koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad